Chapter 11 - Step One

Amaris POV

Present Day

I handed over my marriage documentation to the lawyer across from me. "I need to obtain a divorce. We met at a singles meet & greet, married and mated that night. The following morning, he abruptly left and deserted me." I state coolly. "He didn't return. I never saw him again until a few days ago when he turned up here in Spartanburg."

The attorney, Ms. Cooper is quietly taking notes. "Okay. Any marital assets, children?"

"I am co-owner, alchemist, and healer at The Healing Hand."

The attorney raises her delicately manicured eyebrows. "Oh, yes. I frequently purchase my cures and lotions there. As an alchemist, you create many of those, correct?"

I nod. "Also, we have a 3 year old daughter, Devona. I don't know how much bearing this will have on anything, but her twin brother died shortly after birth. It was due to the after effects of the rejection and extreme stress that I was under at the time; trying to grow two pups in my womb and work, all while pursuing my training, after the father's abandonment."

"Due to the fact that there is a child of the mating, Alpha Wright will have to sign the divorce agreement."  The attorney advised.

Sighing, I nod my head.

"If there is one bright spot that came from that time," I continue," I did develop a natural dietary supplement that decreases the dire effect that mate rejection has upon both the human and wolf bodies. If I may advertise," I hand her several of my cards. "It also reduces the pain and suffering due to cheating. If you have a client who needs a prescription, send them my way. It is totally safe for daily consumption, even while pregnant. I can vouch for it. I was able to function almost normally, and I believe it is why my daughter was healthy enough to survive in my womb. If I had been able to create it sooner, my son may have made it as well." Tears cloud my vision, and I wipe them away.

"Thank you, Amaris. This is revolutionary in wolfdom. So many good people are irretrievably broken at rejection." Ms. Cooper looked at me in astonishment. "I know wolves to send to you immediately."

"At least some good can come from my tragedy." I smiled. "Having said that, I want Devon to have supervised and limited visitation with my daughter. She doesn't know him.  He is unreliable and has a past history of abandonment. I don't want my daughter to love and depend on him, just to have her heart ripped out should he not be reliable."

"That's understandable. I'll see what can be done."

"I want no support of any kind. I am self-sufficient and able to care for Devi." I lift my chin. "If he wants to set her up a trust fund or educational fund for her future, he can do so. He is welcome to buy her gifts for birthdays and holidays, spending money, etc. I, however, want nothing from him at all."

"Noted.  How soon do you need the divorce papers prepared?" Ms. Cooper asks?

"Alpha is scheduling a meeting with him this week for me, so as soon as possible. I want to have them in hand when I see him."

"That can be arranged."