Chapter 9 - Meet & Greet - Jeni

Jeni's POV

Night of Meet & Greet

I am so flipping mad, I am fuming. The girls and I go to the bathroom for 15 minutes and some girl has already got her claws into my man! Standing in the tree line, I can see Devon and a she wolf with long black hair. "This can't be happening."

My friend Sheila is walking back to me from the bonfire. "I'm sorry, Jeni.  The guys say she's his mate. They just stumbled upon each other while we were gone."

"What am I going to do?" I wail. "He is supposed to mate with me.  Daddy promised."

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"I don't know what to tell you." Sheila looked at me with sympathy. "Didn't you say that you guys had done the deed a couple of weeks ago?" I nodded, sobbing into my hands. "Well, tell him you are pregnant. Have a rush wedding. Then get pregnant. Problem solved."

Upon hearing her words, my sobs ceased. "Sheila, you are a genius. I think I love you!" That is just what I will do. I grab Sheila's hand, excitedly. "Let's go find daddy." I laugh.

Just as we are about to leave the tree line, a group of men walk by. One of them stops dead in his tracks and stares. "Mate!" He breathes out and goes to touch my face.

"Wait just a minute." I place my hand on his chest to stop him. Tingles race up and down my arm. Oh my goddess. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "What's your name?"

"Beck Kason. I'm the Alph..."

I interrupt him. "I, Jeni Quinn, reject you, Beck Kason, as my mate." I grind out as he clutches his chest and falls to the ground. "Come on, Sheila, we have to go see daddy. I have a web of lies to spin and you're my back up." I laugh as Sheila just stares at the man writhing on the ground.