Chapter 6 - Before the Meet & Greet

Luna Essie Wright's POV

Still Water's Pack

Three Years Ago

Months Prior to the Mating Meet & Greet

Two Packs BBQ

I am watching my only son Devon with his friends at the pack BBQ. We invited Alpha and Luna Quinn and their pack, the Moonbeam Pack. We live adjacent, so we often have activities with each other. The Alphas' only child, Jeni, is Devon's best friend since childhood. Our families are very close.

Noble, my mate, sits beside me in a lounge chair. "Looks like the kids are having a good time," he remarks. We both look at the group of young folks from both packs hanging around the bonfire. They are laughing and having a good time. Devon has always had a big personality and is the life of the party. Jeni sidles up to him and latches on his arm. He looks at her awkwardly. Then smiles and nods. I watch as he takes her hand in his, pulling it off his arm. After a few seconds, he drops her hand and turns back to the others and continues talking. Jeni has always been a quiet person. She just hangs by his side.

"Noble," I remark. "I don't think it's right the way you and Alpha Quinn have been pushing the kids together. I know you both feel it would be a good merger of the two packs, but I don't think Devon is as keen on it as Jeni. Look at them out there." I point to the bonfire where Jeni is again attempting to hang on Devon's arm. Once more, he reaches for her hand, but this time he doesn't even spare her a glance as he releases himself from her grip.

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"Oh, Essie." Alpha Noble says, "he'll come around. You can see she's crazy about him. They are both young. She is a beautiful girl and would make a fine Luna."

"Noble, look how she keeps hanging on to him and he just continues pulling her off. I know he cares for her as a friend, but that is all. Please watch them."

Noble just shakes his head. "My mind's made up. He can do this for the good of the pack. She will make him a good Luna and they will have strong pups!"

"I refuse to force those two to mate. I think going against the moon goddess and not waiting for your fated mate is a mistake.  We are fated mates.  Would you really deny your son that happiness?" I hiss. "There is a meet & greet for unmated shifters coming up in a few months south of here at the Sunset Shores Pack. I insist that these kids get to go. There is a chance they can find their fated mates. We don't need them to mate each other in order to continue our strong ties."

"I'll talk to Alpha Quinn." He acquiesced. "It couldn't hurt to let them attend one meet & greet. But then after they get back, they get engaged!  Will that make you happy?" He snarled slightly.

"Yes it will."