Chapter 15 - Luna Charlie

Amaris POV

Present Day

I took a week to wrap up all my appointments and clear my schedule for the month. Not sure if I will last a month, but if he will sign the divorce papers without a fight, I will attempt it. It is also a good opportunity to get to know Devon's pack and his parents. This will let me know whether Devi will be safe when he ultimately has her with him.

I can't discredit the dream I had. I need to find this she-wolf that Devi needs protection from. Devi is number one priority and as her momma, all threats need to be assessed and neutralized.  Everyone knows not to mess with a momma bear's cub; and they shouldn't mess with this momma wolf's pup.

I also took time to stock the store up on cures. I packed a box of my most popular cures. It is my hope to work in the pack clinic while there. I know with my gifts for healing, there are some I can help. Plus it will help me pass the time.

It is Friday before we leave and I am making my rounds at the hospital. Dr. Frances asked me to check in on one of her new patients. I grab the laptop stand and push it in the room.

"Hey, I am Amaris, one of the healers here." I stick out my hand to shake the patient's hand. "Dr. Frances asked me to check on you today."

"If you're reading this on teenfic site or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

COPYRIGHT © 2024 by Mellie_readsnwrites

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form by any means, including photocopying, recording or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author.

"Amaris?" Charlie asks, clasping my hand. "What are you doing here? I thought you lived in the Still Waters Pack with your mate? We brought you to that mate meet & greet three years ago."

"Luna Charlie?" I startle. "What are you doing here?"

"It's a long story, Amaris." She sighs. "I need you to do me a favor. Don't let anyone know I am the Luna of a pack, nor where I come from. Okay?"

"Okay." I start flipping through her chart on the laptop. "Why are you in the hospital?"

"That's part of the long story, but I-I rejected Jenson and cut out my mate mark a couple of days ago. And, I woke up here."

I gasp.

Charlie lies back in the bed, exhaustion written all over her face. "It nearly killed me. I haven't spoken to the Alpha here yet. I understand he has been busy. I plan to seek anonymous asylum here."

"This is a wonderful place to live, Charlie. Your secret is safe with me."