Chapter 2 - Mate

Amaris POV

The annual All Packs Mating Meet & Greet is a culmination of most of the packs in the Northern Territories. Each pack takes turns hosting the meet up and party for the weekend. Hundreds of singles are exposed to each other in hopes of finding their mates. Each pack's Alpha pair with a small contingent attend, to keep the peace, and to strengthen relations among the packs.

Zoe appears to be excited. I am actually driving one of the new mate cars from our pack to the meet & greet in anticipation of finding my mate. If I do, this car is actually mine. Since the successful match ups at these are greater than 75%, I was told to pack my belongings in the car. They have my bank information, so I am all set. Let's just hope I find my mate. "If you're reading this on teenfic sites or similar ones, you're reading on a mirror site. To read this (and other stories) by the actual author for free, go to Wattpad/Mellie_readsnwrites."

The event is a two-day affair. Participants arrive Saturday morning. Everyone is assigned a dorm to stay in overnight. Various activities are planned for Saturday including a midnight run, hiking, kayaking, dinner, dancing, bonfires and others. Hopefully, throughout the day, mates meet and are encouraged to do activities together. They are assigned to rooms where they go to get to know each other and do the paperwork. If they decide to mate, there is no formal ceremony on the grounds. They sign the legal marriage bonds with their respective Alphas to perform the ceremony at their chosen home pack later. Usually, by the time Saturday night ends, everyone who is going to find their mate has done so.

I arrived on site at about 10:00 am. There are hundreds of wolves here. All excitedly talking and laughing. Event organizers in matching yellow t-shirts are directing us to a table where we could get information about the activities, our room cards and meal tickets. We also get one of those stick on name tags. All throughout the day, we repeatedly hear people shouting "mate".

I had really enjoyed many of the activities today. Just after dinner, I sat at one of the many bonfires. Quietly staring into the embers, a group of young men came up to the fire. While most of them were talking to the girls around me, I noticed one male who stood silently staring at me. I looked up at his chocolate brown eyes. That's when Zoe jumped up, "mate".

"Mate" he mouthed. He walked over to me and asked, "Can I sit beside you?"

"Yes." I whispered, smiling.

"My name is Devon." His voice was deep and husky. "I'm the son of the Alpha of The Still Waters Pack."

He reached out for my hand and sparks raced up my arm. "My name is Amaris from the Silver Creek Pack." I reply.

We talked for the next couple hours. Zoe and I are enamored with Devon and his wolf Reu. He nervously swept his light blond hair out of his eyes. He has a strong jaw and wide muscular shoulders. He has to be at least a foot taller than my 5'5". "You are beautiful, Amaris. Your eyes are the color of moss and your hair is so silky." He said as he brushed his hand through it. My hair is my pride. It is glossy black and falls to my waist. "Why don't we go talk to our Alphas, my lovely mate?" He whispered in my ear.

My Alpha and Luna Black met with the three females that had been mated from the Silver Creek Pack. Since it was decided we would be going to our mates' pack. The car was signed over to each of us and the bank account deposits were authorized with the first stipend.

"Ladies, congratulations on finding your mates. Luna Black and I will release you from the pack tomorrow as we are leaving. We don't have to do anything formal. We will just speak the words. Then your new Alpha will have you swear allegiance to your new pack at his convenience."