Chapter 22: Ending the Cycle of Violence

"Wow! The school is really crazy!" exclaimed Azuma, putting down her phone.

"Another special exam, huh?" replied Ayanokouji, curious on what the school had in mind.

"What's your time, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"18:00 in Room 204. What about you?"

"18:30 in Room 212."

"It seems that everyone has a different time and room."

"Yeah. I wonder what the school is thinking. I was so done with special exams and now there's another one. What a terrible start to a summer vacation!"

Ayanokouji's phone buzzed and he picked it up and found a message from Horikita.

Horikita: Did you get a message from the school just now?

Ayanokouji: Yeah. I did. My designated meeting time is 18:00. What about yours?

Horikita: Mine says 20:40. That seems like a pretty big difference.

Ayanokouji: Hang on. I'm getting a few messages from Kushida and a few others. They all have different times and rooms.

Horikita: There are several things that I'm still curious about. We'll just have to show up to the meeting spot. Because your time is earlier, I look forward to hearing your report.

Ayanokouji: Understood.

After Ayanokouji sent that short reply, Horikita stopped responding and he placed his phone back into his pocket.

"Ayanokouji-kun?" asked Azuma, puzzled by his lack of response.

"I was just chatting with Horikita. Apparently, everyone has different times for their meetings." replied Ayanokouji.

"Hmm... Well, you have a bit of time before you go."

"Yeah. Let's finish up breakfast before we go on our little date."

Azuma blushed and nodded as the duo enjoyed the remainder of their breakfast together.

**Timeskip (few hours later)**

Ayanokouji walked to the second deck, just as the message had instructed. He noticed several students from different classes on the same floor and entering other rooms. Ayanokouji stopped in front of his room and wondered if he should wait or knock on the door. After a brief moment, he knocked on the door and a reply came immediately.

"Enter." said a voice. Ayanokouji stepped into the room and found Mashima-sensei sitting at a table. Two of Ayanokouji's classmates were sitting at the table and nodded at Ayanokouji.

"So, one of the remaining two spots belongs to Ayanokouji-dono, I see! Most agreeable!" said Sotomura.

"This is rather odd, isn't it? Ayanokouji?" said Yukimura.

"What are you doing? Hurry and take a seat." said Mashima-sensei. Ayanokouji silently took a seat next to Sotomura and there was one vacant seat beside him. Ayanokouji assumed that everyone was put into groups of one teacher and four students. Ayanokouji was secretly glad that it wasn't Hoshinomiya-sensei.

"We are still waiting on one more. Please sit quietly." said Mashima-sensei. Ayanokouji noticed that they were some papers on the desk. After a few minutes of silence, Mashima-sensei glanced at the clock and suddenly, someone knocked at the door. Mashima-sensei told that
person to enter, and the door slowly opened.