Chapter 19: Deserted Island

Ayanokouji is standing on the deck of the cruise ship as the ship is traveling through the waves. He took a deep breath and enjoyed the smell of salty ocean and there was a faint mist as the water and warm breeze were mixed together. Ayanokouji could see the endless blue sea with an equally blue sky.

"Whoa! This is the best!" shouted Ike, with both hands raised high in the air. His voice echoed across the deck of the luxury liner.

"This view is incredible! I'm honestly super moved right now!" said Karuizawa, walking out of the ship's cabin with her friends. Shinohara and Azuma both gave Ayanokouji a warm greeting and looked out towards the expansive ocean.

"Seriously, the scenery here is just amazing!" said Kushida, walking up to Karuizawa's group.

"Wow, Ken, you must be happy you didn't get expelled. I mean, if this were a normal trip, it would've been impossible for us to go. Hey, how did it feel to be on the verge of expulsion, since you had the lowest score on the final? Come on, tell me. How did it feel?" asked Yamauchi, taunting and insulting Sudou. Luckily, Sudou was in a good mood, and he howled with laughter in response, sounding more like the baying of a lone wolf than a high schooler.

"With my skills, there was nothing to worry about. Didn't I tell you I'd prove myself, and it'd be easy?" said Sudou.

"I never dreamed that high schoolers could go on such a luxurious cruise. And it's for two whole weeks. Two weeks! When my mom and dad hear about this, they're gonna be so shocked they'll wet themselves!" said Ike, excitedly.

This was certainly no ordinary trip. At our government-sponsored school, there was absolutely no need for us to pay for tuition or other miscellaneous expenses—which, of course, included this trip. We received the best of special treatment. The cruise liner and its facilities were of the highest possible quality. This ship was fully equipped with everything from prestigious restaurants to a theater, and even an upscale spa. On my own, this would probably have cost me about 100,000 yen, even in the off season. Our trip, which promised the pinnacle of luxury, had finally started today. According to the schedule, we would spend our first week staying at a
fancy summer lodge on a deserted island. After that, we would enjoy the cruise ship for another week. Apparently, it's going to take about a day for us to arrive at the deserted island.

"Ayanokouji-dono! Let's go!" said Sotomura, gesturing to him. Okitani and Ijuin were with him, and they waved at Ayanokouji. Ayanokouji nodded and followed them. The group decided to explore some of the places on the cruise ship. They walked onto the ship and found a variety of places such as recreation centers, arcades, and other places that students can go, free of charge.

"Whoa! Look how big this is!" said Okitani, looking around excitedly.

"Dude! I heard there's an anime floor for us weebs! Let's find it!" said Ijuin. The group stopped in front of a sign that had the floors of the cruise ship labeled and they could see where everything is mapped and labeled. Apparently, the anime section that Ijuin was talking about is on the 4th floor which also has games there too. They decided to go there first and went to the elevator to call it. The group made their way to the 4th floor and the first thing that Ayanokouji saw after leaving the elevator is a bunny girl. A cardboard cutout of an anime girl with long black hair, dressed in a black bunny girl costume with fish-net stockings.

"Hey, It's Mai." said Ijuin, studying the cardboard cutout. "My waifu!"

"Very good choice." said Sotomura, nodding his head in approval. "You have no idea, do you Ayanokouji-dono?"

"Yeah." said Ayanokouji, looking at the cardboard cutout.

"It's a anime about quantum physics." said Okitani.