Chapter 7: Dinner

Horikita POV:

Ayanokouji-kun has just left the library. Why is it such an idiot?!

I tried to warn him about Kushida-san. I didn't expect running into Kushida-san here, but she's implanted herself into the class hierarchy. She's one of the top students, admired by those defects. It's similar to what happened in junior high and Ayanokouji seems to be falling for it. I thought at least I should warn Ayanokouji-kun about Kushida-san, but he's not listening!

I tried to push Kushida-san away and tried to give little hints on her true nature. Thus leading to the argument I had with Kushida-san while Ayanokouji-kun is listening in.

It look like that Ayanokouji-kun did not picked on it and left the library. Ayanokouji-kun is an idiot!

Wait?!

Why am I concerned about Ayanokouji-kun so much? It's true that I see him as an ally and that I should warn him about the danger of Kushida-san. For some reason, seeing Ayanokouji-kun leaving the library and leaving me by myself, it pains me.

Seeing him leave me felt like someone stabbed my heart with a knife. Knowing that he didn't believe me and why I did it felt like that knife in my heart was twisted, inflicting more pain.

Another thing: Ayanokouji-kun's entrance exam scores. It cannot be a coincidence. The likelihood of getting 50s on every subject is astronomically small and unlikely. One thing that I know for certain: Ayanokouji-kun has manipulated his entrance exam. That's most likely reason why he's in Class D. This brings up more questions: Is Ayanokouji-kun smarter than he looks? What is the reason to his scores? Did he know about S-System beforehand? Ayanokouji-kun is an anomaly. I can't seem to understand him at all. His logic and reasoning to some of his actions.

Chabashira-sensei brought this up. Why did she brought up Ayanokouji-kun's scores to me? Did she want to get Ayanokouji-kun involved? Why?! I have so many unanswered questions.

But...

I've been fighting this feeling for so long... Ever since I met Ayanokouji-kun... My denial... I believe that I've fallen in love with Ayanokouji Kiyotaka....

It can't be...

What do I do now? Do I pursue my love for Ayanokouji-kun or catch up to Nii-san?

**********************************************

Ayanokouji POV

Ayanokouji left the library and found Kushida sitting sadly at a bench.

"Hey Kushida." said Ayanokouji.

"Ayanokouji-kun..." muttered Kushida. Her cheerful and happy attitude and atmosphere seems to disappeared and replaced by one of sadness and remorse.

"Do you want a drink?" asked Ayanokouji.

"Oh no! I can't ask you to spend points on me." said Kushida, shaking her head.

"It's alright. I want to."

"If you insist. I'll have a grape juice."

Ayanokouji nodded and walked to the vending machine that was close by. Ayanokouji bought a cola and grape juice before returning to Kushida. Kushida took the straw and stabbed a hole. She took a nice long sip and there was a nice peaceful silence between the two as they drank their drinks.

"Do you want to talk about it?" asked Ayanokouji.

"What are you talking about?" asked Kushida.

"I think you know what I mean. The study group."