Chapter 2: Calm Before the Storm

Horikita POV:

Sitting alone in Ayanokouji-kun's room with him...

For some reason, my heart can't stop beating rapidly. My body is felt very warm and fuzzy.

What is this feeling? I truly never felt this feeling before. Not to anyone...

"What's this theory of yours?" asked Horikita, titling her head in curiosity.

"The school is not what it seems like. It looks like a paradise to students, providing them with points to spend and boasted a 100% employment."

"Are you talking about the points?"

"Yes, I don't think we're getting 100,000 points every month."

"What makes you say that?"

"The school is spending 4 million yen for an entire class every month which means the school is spending 16 million yen every month on every students in the same year. It'll totaled up to 48 million yen for every student in the school per month. That means the school spends 576 million yen per year for all of their students."

Horikita was surprised at Ayanokouji's quick calculations and she mentally did the calculations herself to confirm it.

"You're right. That's simply too much money the school is spending for their students."

"Exactly my point. Why give 100,000 yen as an allowance to high school students every month? You noticed the 'Free' section in the convenience store."

"It's for students that spent all their points."

"If students get 100,000 points every month, there will be no need to have that section for students."

Horikita began to think about it.

Ayanokouji-kun is right. There will be no need for the school to include it. The school is providing an extremely generous amount of points per month. Even if students spent all their points during the month, students should have some leftover points saved up. It's almost impossible for someone to constantly spend 100,000 points every month. Unless, students don't get 100,000 points every month.

"I think I see where this is going. We don't get 100,000 points every month."

"Bingo. This is just my working theory. But, I believe we shouldn't frugally spend our points."

"That was my plan. I have no need for extra goods, just the bare minimum."

"You're not going to the tell the class?"

"There's no use wasting time and effort for those brainless imbeciles. They mostly likely going to waste all of their points this month."

"True. Since we're both loners, we probably get laughed at. My theory has not been proven yet. I need more evidence and I've a feeling that there's more to it."

"I agree. D-do you need some help?"

"Eh?"

Ayanokouji was surprised that Horikita agreed to help him. Horikita gave off an aura of superiority and solitude, she's someone that does not easily help others and confident in her own abilities and prefer to work by herself.

Wait. Why am I saying this to him?!?

I don't want to help him, but I feel like I want to help him

What is wrong with me!?!

The only thing I need is to catch up to Nii-san and show him that I'm capable of standing with him, not behind him.