Chapter 15: Camera

Shiranami froze in mid-sentence as the words of gratitude got stuck in her throat and she can't seemed to force it out. Shiranami's face became a ferocious color of red as the feelings for Ayanokouji seemed to come out of nowhere.

"Shiranami?" asked Ayanokouji, snapping out of the daze first before Shiranami. Unfortunately for Ayanokouji, he has already gotten used to this situation and could make his move before Shiranami. Shiranami got up from her bed and approached Ayanokouji.

"U-uhh... Oh! T-thank you, A-Ayanokouji-kun." stammered Shiranami.

"For what? I don't think I didn't anything too special."

"For being there for me and helping me."

"But-"

"P-please don't say things like that. Y-you really helped me. P-please don't discredit yourself like that."

Ayanokouji stayed silent and nodded his head. He decided to do something that he saw in anime and wondered if it will work. Ayanokouji reached out and began petting Shiranami's head. Shiranami froze and her face became flustered, but she seemed happy and at ease to Ayanokouji's touch. Ayanokouji continued this for a few moments before retracting his hand. Shiranami had a look of disappointment on her face before morphing back to normal.

"You should brush your teeth and get ready for school. Hurry up otherwise your breakfast is going to cold." said Ayanokouji.

"O-okay. I'll be out in a couple of minutes." said Shiranami. She quickly scrambled to the bathroom and shut the door. It was quite loud and Shiranami lowered herself into a sitting position, her back leaning against the closed door. Shiranami covered her face in embarrassment and wondered what just happen.

**********************************************

Shiranami POV:

No! What is happening?! I can't be falling love with Ayanokouji-kun. I always depended on him for advice and help. I can't be that selfish to fall in love with him after having a hearth broken...

It can't be happening! I always thought of him as someone dependable. Like an older brother figure. Someone mature and helpful to a person like me... Why is my heart acting like this?! It's almost similar to what I felt for Ichinose-san. No, I think it might be stronger...

Wait... Ayanokouji-kun just spent the night in my room... I can't believe that I asked him to do something like that!! I might get in trouble and he saw me sleeping!! What if someone finds this?!? If Ichinose-san find out... I can't imagine what will happen to me and Ayanokouji-kun.

Ah... I need to calm down and stop thinking about this.

Shiranami got up, turned on the sink, and splashed some cold water into her face in an attempt to calm herself and to snap herself back to her usual self. She wiped her face with a towel before reaching for the toothbrush.

Have to act normal around him. Act normal around him. Act normal...

While Shiranami was thinking about it, she seemed to forget that she was on a time limit and heard Ayanokouji calling for her.

"Shiranami. Are you okay? Breakfast is getting cold." said Ayanokouji. That snapped Shiranami out of her trance as she wiped her face dry.

"I-i'm coming..." replied Shiranami. She stopped in front of the door and took a deep breath before opening the door and walking out of the bathroom.

**********************************************

Ayanokouji POV:

Shiranami walked over to the dining table and took a seat across from Ayanokouji. The breakfast that Ayanokouji made is a traditional Japanese breakfast with rice, miso soup, grilled mackerel, pickled vegetables, and tamagoyaki.