Chapter 30

Chapter 30
                    Into the Past ( Final )
________________________________________

" It's been a long time... Brother. " Boris spoke with almost no emotion as if to show that he was not thrilled to meet the man in front of him.

" Who are these two? " Boris asked pointing to the two robed people beside his brother.

" They are your cousins. " As his brother said that,  the two-robed people took off their hoods and revealed themselves to be twins, both fair-skinned like snow and having very cold intimidating appearances.

" She's Sasha and the other one is Anna. They are Uncle-  " his brother pointed to his left and then to his right.

" I don't care about their names Victor. " Boris chided coldly, which got a reaction from the twins as they glared at him and summoned a dark dagger with the dark mist.

Even in such a situation, Boris did not seem to be bothered as he simply continued. " Why are you here? "

He bore his stoic glare to his three family members, which was getting more intense as seconds went by and they stood there in silence.

It was his brother Victor to broke the silence, " Sasha, Anna this is a family reunion. No Weapons. " He stressed the last words and the twins de summoned their daggers.

" Family? As far as I know, I no longer belong to " Our Family ". Didn't I make that crystal clear years back? So I will ask you again, why are you here? "

" Dedushka (Grandfather) is dead. "

" What? " Immediately Boris's complexion turned pale.

The sudden news shocked Boris, he knew his Dedushka was very old and close to death's door, but he never expected him to die so early. He never liked him that much, he loathed him, but his early death was not good news. It was something far worse.

" Wh-Who is the new Vessel? " Boris stuttered out a question.

" Papa has volunteered to be the new vessel. He is now the current Baba Yaga. "

" How? How is that possible? He is too old to be the Baba Yaga. " Boris could not believe what his father had done, he knew his father was a greedy bastard, but to this extent? That he was willing to sacrifice his remaining lifespan for that monster.

" Yes, as much as we both hate our Papa, that greedy bastard was the only one available. " Victor chuckled darkly, " Plus he killed all the other vessels, so that's that. " his family was messed up beyond anything one could imagine, he was once part of it and he was not any more surprised by his father's actions.

" But that does not answer my question. " Boris continued, " Why. Are. You. Here? " his patience was running thin and his brother's annoying grin was not really helping.

" You see my dear brother, we are lacking promising youth from our family, so I thought I came to you. "

" That doesn't make any sense. "

" Well, it will as soon as I explain it to you. " Victor extended his neck to the interior of the house, " Nice house, looks warm and toasty. "

Boris immediately blocks their vision of his cottage by using the large frame of his body.

" Come on brother, don't be like that. " Victor chuckled, " It would be better if we could talk inside your warm home right? better than outside in this freezing season. "

" No. "

" No? "

Victor was a little taken aback, by his immediate answer, " I always felt that you're cold-hearted, but to this extent? You want your family members to freeze to death? "