Chapter 14

{ Rossweisse POV }

Valkyrie training was tough and a bit costly if you ask me. Our family's financial condition is not bad per se, my parents make ends meet but that came at a cost as they are usually never at home and spend more time doing jobs and missions. Though they don't spend that much time at home or with me, I know that they love me and will always support me.

They always send me a monthly allowance and pay all my fees. They told me not to worry about money and just focus on my studies, which I am already doing.

First in my class for the past three years, awarded as the best student of the year, and praised as the strongest Valkyrie youth.

I cannot afford to let my parents' hard work go wasted, so I put all my focus on my studies and training. I want to repay my parent's efforts for me, so I cannot afford to slack off.

My hard work finally paid off I just need another year to graduate, it needs to be noted that Valkyrie training at Valhalla Institute usually last for 6 years consisting of twelve semesters. I was about to graduate in only four years and already in the eleventh semester. I skipped most of the semester as the headmaster found me well-qualified and passed all the tests that were meant for the skipped semesters.

The eleventh and twelfth semester was mostly going to low-level missions under the supervision of a senior-ranking Valkyrie. We won't get paid for such missions, but it serves for obtaining field experience with live combat.

Today was the day, my class was assigned to go for our first mission. It was in Midgard, in the country of Finland where a village of our faith was being attacked by undead for the past seven years. The case was still unsolved as to how these undead kept appearing from the forest during the night and completely disappear at night.

The Undead don't really pose a threat to the villager anymore, as Valkyries defend the village daily. Usually, a group of eleventh or twelfth-semester Valkyries would go to the village and guard the village at night and would be replaced by another group the next day.

I looked at my phone and saw that I still have an hour to meet the class at the Bifrost. Finishing my breakfast, I got ready to go for my first mission.

I locked the door to my apartment, and proceed to tread the busy streets of Asgard. I stay at a cheap apartment in the suburbs and it was not that good, it was even less than decent. But rent prices have risen these days, and this apartment was the best option for someone like me.

People would be shocked to find out that Asgard was not the kind of place they envisioned it to be. It was not like the grand realm, filled with magical wonders and floating in the middle of the milky way the Marvel movies interpret it to be.

But enough of that, I was already approaching the Bifrost. I could see a group of young Valkyries gathered near the entrance. I joined the group and was greeted by my fellow Valkyrie, Sigrun.

" Hey Rose, ready for our first mission? " She asked, as she wrapped her arms around me. " I can't wait for this mission to start, this is my first-time visiting Midgard you know. "

Sigrun, daughter of Högni, the second strongest of the Valkyrie youth after me. She was the only person I would call a friend, being two years older than me she was my elder sister figure and she treated me in kind.

" It's my first time as well. " Well, it was everyone's first time today. Midgard was a very interesting place for us Asgardians, much information from books, videos and stories told by Local Einherjars fascinated us and this mission was going to let us experience Midgard to its full extent.

" I heard that if we give a good performance, we might even get ten-plus points for our grades. " It was important to get high grades, as you could get a placement with high-ranking Valkyrie teams, which will eventually lead to a higher salary and that is what I was aiming for.

Sigrun clicked her tongue in disappointment, " Why do you always think about grades? Have a little fun, will you! This is why you will never get a boyfriend. "

Boyfriend? I'm not interested in those at the moment, because I'm busy with my Valkyrie training. Mom always told me that I should focus on my Valkyrie training first, a boyfriend can wait. Besides I can find a boyfriend when I get successful... Right?

" Well, you don't have a boyfriend either. " I retorted,  well you're no different than me Sigrun.

" You got me there. " She accepts defeat, " But I'm sure I'll get one before you do Rose. "

" Attention all Valkyrie! " Our supervisor ordered, and we all stood in attention. She was a high-ranking Valkyrie from the Benbryter group and if I performed well, I might even get a chance to get placed in their group! " Is everyone here? " she asked.

" Yes ma'am! "

" Alright. " She began to explain to us about the mission. We were tasked to take the shift of the previous Valkyrie group and protect the villagers from the undead.

" When we reach there, I want all of you to follow my commands. Don't stray from the group and don't do something that would want me to give you a negative remark. Is that clear? "

" Yes ma'am! "

" Good. "

Now we entered the Bifrost, which was a large temple that looked like a government office. We were led inside by our supervisor, she talked to the receptionist and got our tickets and we were supposed to go to section J-10.

We descended a flight of stairs and then arrive at section J-10 which was a large room that had a black circular platform in the centre which was engraved with teleportation runes.

We all stood inside the platform and waited for the runes to be activated.

" Teleportation runes for section J-10 will be activating soon. " The sound of the guardian and manager of Bifrost, Heimdall echoed inside the room. He was the one Lord Odin appointed to guard the Bifrost against invaders and allow safe passage through the nine realms for us Asgardians.

" Runes will be activated in ten seconds. " He continued.

In a few seconds, the runes will be activated and we will be teleported to Midgard, I just hope nothing goes wrong for my first mission.

__________________________________

Things were not going to go according to plan, that was for sure. A big problem was going to arise because of their visit, this problem was going to be the cause of the early arrival of Ragnarok.

But amidst these problems, she was going to meet a man that could be the only person to prevent the big catastrophe that was going to take place. For he was the DEVOURER!

He was the BARBARIC PREDATOR!

He was the REMORSELESS BUTCHER!

He was the LIVING NIGHTMARE!

HE WAS...
.
.
.
                       THE BABA YAGA!