Chapter 21

[ Rosseweisse POV ]

"Mama, what are you making?" Artom asked as he watched me chop boar meat and separate the fat.

Igor was also there standing on his toes to get a glimpse of what I was doing. " Well, I'm making dinner for you all. "

" What kind of dish is it? " Igor asked as he eyed the components of the dish, " Aren't those the special ingredients Papa said that we can only use for special occasions? " he commented as he saw the canned vegetables.

" Well today is a celebration, I even asked your I
Papa for these ingredients for tonight's dinner. " I remembered the look on his face when I asked for them, his beaming smile was quite a sight.

" I'm making German Goulash. " I said as I saw the confused faces of the twins.

" German Gou-lash? " Artom asked, " Is it tasty? "

Tasty? It's more than tasty! It was heavenly. My German father made the tastiest goulash I had ever tasted in my life, and he needed only very few ingredients to make it taste so good.

Although now, I need beef for the dish, the boar meat will have to suffice... Mashed potatoes would be good as well.

"Mama," said Igor with an excited smile, "can we help too?" Artom also chimed in, excitedly exclaiming, "Me too!"

Well, if I accept their help, it wouldn't  really be a thank-you dinner, but seeing their excited and eager faces, I couldn't really deny their request.

" I could use some extra helping hands. "

" YES! " " ALRIGHT! "

" You can start by peeling the potatoes," I said as I passed them a bowl. They immediately sat down on the ground and summoned their pitch-black knife, peeling the potatoes very carefully.

I wonder what Nikolai is up to?

__________________________________________

( Somewhere in the middle of the Forest )

When facing opponents three times your size, you must question your life decisions; however, if the opponent is on the offensive, it's crucial to utilize your surroundings.

The three giants were still chasing him; he turned to see their ugly faces. The combination of their ugly faces and the maggots crawling on them made things even worse.

He grinned as he saw the very thing he was running towards. One of the giants was faster than the others and was quickly closing in on him, which was a good sign.

Leaping across a remarkable distance of twenty feet, Nikolai then spun around and summoned his great sword.

The giant increased its speed and was approaching him at an alarming rate.

" I hope that thing works. "

The giant's foot stepped on the ground, which seemed to sink deep into the earth. 'It worked!'

Nikolai had prepared a deep pit trap a month ago to hunt bears; though he had not caught one yet, it had proven to be useful in this situation. Now, due to the momentum of the giant's charge and the misstep it took, it caused it to stumble forward, falling into the pit trap set by Nikolai.

DIE!!!

With a roar, he swung his massive blade and cleaved the giant's face, instantly killing it. "One down, two more to go."

One of the remaining giants leaped high and slammed its club down at Nikolai, but he simply jumped away to safety. The club embedded itself in the ground; Nikolai placed his palm on it and cursed it.