Chapter 12

" Ok, Artom what hairstyle do you want? " Nikolai asked he poured water to moisten the hair. Artom was sitting on a stool in front of the long mirror in the bedroom.

Luckily, the cabin had a pair of scissors and a box of razor blades for this kind of situation. He had already let the mist devour them, as they also classify as a stabbing weapon and a slashing.

" I want it to be just like yours," replied Artom as he pointed to his hairstyle. " I also want to have a beard. " his small fingers pointing to his goatee.

" Me too! " Igor chimed in from the side.

" You will get it when you're older for now, you get a haircut just like your papa. " Nikolai was no expert barber, but that didn't stop him from making his kids happy. Luckily for him, his hairstyle was very easy to make. All he needed was the razor.

His experience in hairstyling was amateurish at best, but he managed to shave the sides without causing any cuts.

" Here you go, Nikolai Volkov's special hairstyle for Artom Volkov. "

" So cool. " Igor commented, Artom seemed very satisfied with his work, for which he was very thankful.

" You ready to get Nikolai Volkov's special hairstyle, Igor Volkov? "

" Yes! " he exclaimed with gusto, which earned him a chuckle from his father.

_____________________________________

" Papa, what are you doing? " Igor asked, as he watched his father take out all the metal weapons they have received from all the undead that have defeated.

Nikolai was removing all the wooden parts and took only the metals and put them in a heap.

" Well, since you two have enough experience and are capable of fighting an undead, I decided to give you both a gift.

" Are you making our armour Papa? " Artom came to a conclusion and the smile from Nikolai was enough for him.

" YAHOO!!! "

" I'm not really a blacksmith, but I could probably make you two a decent armour. "

He did not need to take their measurements as he reasoned that the mist will automatically make an exact fit for them.

He had made a ceramic crucible two days prior and put pieces of metal in it to melt. There was no anvil to forge metals, so he used the cast iron method.

Using a block of clay and plunging into it a carved tip that was supposed to be a metal beak that would act as a stabbing weapon. The wooden tip left a cavity that would be filled with molten metal, once cooled the metal was removed and a
the metal beak was obtained.

For the body, he decided on a simple chain mail for now, with two holes on the back for the wings. For the talons, he repeated the first method and casted metal talons, that were attached to a sock-like footwear and were fastened to their ankles.