Chapter 9

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just to clear things off, Nikolai is Russian. So he speaks only Russian and doesn't understand or speak English. So when reading this story, whenever Nikolai speaks, think of the English words as subtitles.

Don't forget to leave a comment, review and a power stone.

Thank you.

_____________________________________________

{ Artom's POV }

My name is Artom, my day begins when the sunlight rises from the horizon. You see, Igor my brother is not a morning bird, so he usually doesn't get up early unlike our Papa and me.

Father is busy making breakfast, so it's my job as the oldest brother to wake him up.

" WAKE UP!!! " I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Igor jumped in surprise as he frantically flapped his wings to prevent himself from falling to the floor.

" Wake up sleepy head, the sun is already up. " I said with a smirk on my face. It's fun to surprise him like this.

" I'm telling Papa. "

" Hey! What did I do? "

" I'm telling Papa! " Igor began hopping towards the Kitchen.

" Wait! " This overreacting brat, all I did was wake him up.

I hurriedly hopped towards the kitchen. I wish I could fly right now, I could reach Papa before he could.

" PAPA! " Igor screamed, " Artom is being mean! "

" I was not being mean! he is just overreacting! " I countered, in my defence, I was being a good brother.

" Alright alright, we can discuss that after breakfast. " Papa intervene as he placed two bowls of meat in front of us.

" HORRAY! " We immediately forgot what we quarrelled about and dived right into the bowl of delicious meat.

" You know, I think I'm gonna teach you guys Russian. " Papa said as he took a bite of his meal. " I mean I can understand you guys well enough, but it would be better if you could actually speak. "

Papa is going to teach us how to speak his language. Awesome!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Well... This Russian language is kinda tough I tell.

" мясо ( meat ) " Papa said, as he pointed to a piece of meat.

" ... " I had a hard time repeating that word, at least I am not facing that problem alone.

" мясо ( meat ) " Igor repeated that word perfectly, What the hell? He dares to give me that smug look! why you little!

" Hey! No fighting. " Papa intervene, as he separated me from pecking Igor.

" But he is making fun of me! " and he is still smirking!

" It's not my fault you're dumb. " Igor scoffed, that's it! you're going to taste the fury of my talons.

" Ow! " Igor yelped as my talons made their way to his head.

" Artom! " Papa's sharp voice made me freeze, " Apologize now. "

" But! " I complained, but Papa's glare made me shut up. That brat Igor dared to laugh at my plight.

But Papa's glare was then directed to Igor, " Igor. You apologise to your brother as well. "

" But Why? " Igor complained.

Papa's glare softened to a soft smile. " Because brothers are not supposed to fight like this. Igor, just because you're better at memorizing than your brother, that doesn't give you the right to make fun of him. "