Chapter 27

Chapter 26
{ The Lost Memories, part 2 }

___________________________________________

Nikolai was a gentle boy despite him being bigger than most children his age... But he had a very intimidating face.

He had six symmetrical facial scars that were so prominent that it made people take a step back just by looking at them for the first time. There were four fang-like scars, two lower lip and another two on the upper lip. Then we're the two diagonal scars on both his eyes spanning from his temple to his lower jaw.

If one were to ignore his very intimidating facial features, one would find that Nikolai was a very good and sweet boy.

" Ah! Yobany Urod! Blyat! ( Ah! Bastard! Fuck! ) " Nikolai cussed as he stubbed his toe at the doorframe of his classroom.
.
.
.

Well, ignoring his habit of using colourful words in his day-to-day life which he inherited from his father, he was a good child.

Academically, he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer but was quite good in mathematics. His grades were average at best, but in his mathematical subjects, he scored the highest among his classmates. It was obvious that this was his favourite and with that came his least favourite subject.

English.

This was one subject he loathed the most. First of all, the teacher was incompetent and was making it even harder for everyone to learn the language. And secondly, Who the fuck speaks English in a remote Russian village.

He even asked his mother to teach him English, but she was as bad of an English speaker as him, as she knew only two languages: A language called Māori and Russian and she mostly spoke Russian at home.

So yeah, he doesn't like English.

__________________________________________

" Nikolai. " The teacher called his name, " Full marks again! Well done. " she handed him his maths test paper with a smile.

He took the paper and gave his teacher a bright smile, ' I can't wait to show this to Papa and Mama. '

" That being said. " The teacher continued, " I just wish you could score more marks with the other subjects. "

Immediately his smile vanished and was replaced with a downcasted look. " But teacher, I tried my best. I'm just too dumb "

The teacher placed his hand on his shoulder, " I know you did.But you're not dumb. " he said with a warm smile. " Remember one thing, the fruit of hard work is always sweet. Just don't lose hope along the way, Ok. "

" Ok Teacher. "

" Now, off you go. "

__________________________________________

" Hey Nikolai! " a young boy called called out the caramel-skin Slavic boy. " I told you to wait for me. " the young boy said as he sat opposite of Nikolai and placing his lunch box on the table. " So what's for lunch? "

The young boy tried took a good wiff from Nikolai's lunch box, but his blocked nostrils denied him that. " I'm pretty sure, your's is way better than mine. "

" It's butterbrod blyat. " Nikolai revealed the simple Slavic burger much to the other boy's disappointment.

" Your mama always made you delicious lunch, what happened today? "

" You see comrade, I made my own lunch. " Nikolai declared with pride, though it was not as good as his Mama's cooking, she praised him for his perfect butter rod and this was his first time making it.