CHAPTER 22: MISSION

Back in Amaravati, Yashasvini grew up with her younger sister Anagha. Mahendravarman and Arundhathi did their best to grow her well and she did.

She was not only beautiful from the outside, but also from the inside. She always stood forward to help people.

She learnt sword fighting, archery, everything that a warrior needs to learn. Despite being a princess, she preferred to be a simple person by heart.

Mahendravarman had great love towards Yashasvini. Nobody in the court pointed out her to be born with an uncertain prophecy, but the people did. Despite Yashasvini doing a lot for the people, some people still thought she could be the destruction for the kingdom.

She knew it too.

One day, when Mahendravarman went for an inspection of the kingdom in disguise, he heard several people pointing out his daughter to be born with uncertain prophecy. That truly hurted his feelings.

Back at the kingdom, Mahendravarman stood by the balcony in deep thought. Yashasvini came in and stood next to him.

"Pithashri, aap kya soch rahe hai?" She asked lovingly.
(Father, what are you thinking about?)

"Yashasvini, have you ever thought about how many people think that you will cause destruction rather than prosperity no matter what you do?" Mahendravarman asked.

"I know pithashri. But that's their opinion. I won't blame them. Born with an uncertain prophecy, their suspiciousness is valid. But I'll do my best to bring prosperity to our kingdom." She replied with a smile.

"I truly have a great daughter!" Mahendravarman said proudly at the wise answer Yashasvini gave.

When Yashasvini went back to her room, a pigeon with a message came in. She expected it to be from her sister Anagha, who went to Satavahana for her studies in medicine. The best teacher for medicine was only available in Satavahana, so she went there as a commoner.

As expected, the letter was from Anagha, but not what she had expected inside the letter. It was a letter asking for help.

"Didi, hame sahaytha chahiye. Satavahana ke Maharaj, Vidhurak ne mujhe ek din dhekhliya. Uske pashchath wo mujhe mahal mein manoranjan ke liye dasi banakar rake hain. Mein iss kath ko gupth marg se bej rahi hoon. Meri sahaytha kijiye didi." Anagha said in the letter.

(Elder sister, I need help. The king of Satavahana, Vidhurak saw me one day. After that, he took me to the palace for entertainment as a maid. I'm sending this letter in secrecy. Please help me sister.)

A concerned Yashasvini immediately left to meet her parents with the letter. She went and gave the letter to her father.

"This is a message I got just now from Anagha. She's in danger." She said as she gave the letter to her father.

"I didn't expect Vidhurak to be such a King. We should try to negotiate with him or else there will be war." Mahendravarman said.

"No pithashri. We can't wage war. We just finished a war against Viratnagar. We can't exhaust our army like this, that too against a powerful kingdom like Satavahana." Yashasvini said.

"So what else do you suggest? Should we try negotiating?" Mahendravarman asked.

"No. King Vidhurak is very arrogant, he wants to get everything he desires." She replied.

"I suggest that I leave for Satavahana disguised as a commoner. I need to know how to enter the palace and find her." She replied.

"But this could be dangerous. You going all alone, it won't be safe." Rani Arundhathi said. Mahendravarman too looked at Yashasvini with concern, agreeing to his wife's words.

"But I need to ma. I can't let Anagha be in danger like this. Waging war with a kingdom like Satavahana will be foolishness. Trying to negotiate with Maharaj Vidhurak won't make any sense. He's a cruel king. I saw it when I went to finish my medicine studies."

"Moreover, if I can't even protect my sister, how can I protect this kingdom? What are my skills for?" Yashasvini asked in a calm and composed voice.

Her words had the desired effect on Mahendravarman and Arundhathi. The both agreed.

"But, atleast take someone with you." Suggested a concerned Mahendravarman.

"No pithashri. I have to do this alone. Are there any spies of ours in Satavahana?" Yashasvini asked.

"Yes, there are a few my child. I'll send them a letter telling that you'll be coming there, in case you need backup." Mahendravarman said.

Yashasvini wanted to prove herself to be born for the kingdom's prosperity, by proving her worth. She wanted to save her sister from Vidhurak too. She had to go on this mission.

The next day, with the blessings of her parents and the family's elders, Yashasvini left for Satavahana.

She took a common ship, used by people for travelling across huge distances. The ship stopped at several cities and kingdoms.

When Yashasvini got inside the ship disguised as a commoner, a man saw her. He was tempted by her beauty.

Yashasvini went inside a cabin on the ship and lied down, hoping to reach Satavahana soon.

As she slept for a while, suddenly, she heard screaming on the ship's deck. She stepped out to look what was going on.

A young man, tall and handsome, was bleeding from his stomach. Someone had stabbed him. Another young and charming man, who seemed a little younger to the hurted man, was carrying him.

"Is there any doctor here? Please help my brathashri." Said Dhrithiman.

" Said Dhrithiman

To be continued...
-----------------
Hope you guys liked this chapter. Please vote and comment on how you felt about this chapter. Thank you for reading!