CHAPTER 11: SHARED SPACES

Everyone looked at Niranjan flabbergasted.

"Oh no! It's completely fine. I can go to a different PG." Dhruv replied nervously. He didn't want to be a burden for anybody.

"No really, PG's are going to be very hard. It'll be difficult for you stay there for months. Moreover, even if you move to a different PG, you're travelling distance and expenses will increase. You've brought fame to my sister. You've helped her build her dream career forward. This is the least I can do for you." Niranjan insisted.

Akanksha had got a higher salary and more opportunities to work with celebrities after Dhruv's review on her work at the company's website. Niranjan had a good impression on Dhruv and was grateful for it.

"But--" Before Dhruv could complete, Niranjan kept insisting. Aayush came up to Dhruv and whispered in his ear "You have an open opportunity here. Just take it. He's insisting a lot."

Helplessly, Dhruv agreed to Niranjan's offer. A dumbstruck Akanksha looked back and forth at Dhruv and Niranjan like she had difficulty believing what was going on.

Niranjan gave his number to Dhruv and left the restaurant with Akanksha. Dhruv and Akanksha looked at each other. Akanksha straight face was difficult for Dhruv to read once again.

Once they were gone, Dhruv turned to Aayush.

"Why'd you lie about bed bugs? And why did you elaborate the issue?" Dhruv asked with a serious face, clearly disappointed by Aayush's act.

"Come on! The situation demanded it. Moreover, I wasn't lying about bedbugs. There were a few in the bed. Can we stay in the guilt of taking someone else's food like this? Travelling for food everytime to the city will be a hassle."

Aayush had a point. Dhruv realised that. Still, Dhruv didn't like to burden someone like that. Even though it was an open opportunity for him to get closer to Akanksha, he felt guilty. Dhruv decided to let the matter go in the end as what was meant to happen had happened.

They went back to the table, where the owner's family were seated. "You didn't have to." Said the owner.
"It's my honour sir" Dhruv replied with a warm smile. He couldn't take the guilt of them starving that he took them to the hotel for food. They can have as much as they want atleast.

When they reached back to the PG, Dhruv sitting on the bed stared at Aayush changing his shirt.

"I-I get that we're friends b-but what's with that look?" Aayush said as he crossed his arms to his alternate shoulders and leaned back like he was embarrassed.

"I met Akanksha by coincidence today. You said it was impossible right?" Dhruv asked, raising an eyebrow.

Aayush looked at Dhruv. Both of them knew that Dhruv had won their silent bet.

"Fine, I agree now. Now can you stop staring at me changing? I'm starting feel that you like me more than Akanksha." Aayush said, still standing in the same pose and a face of panic.

Dhruv laughed and lied down on the bed turned to the opposite side. Throughout the night, he kept thinking of Akanksha. The thought of meeting her tomorrow took his sleep away.

The next day:
The shoot began around 11am so Dhruv and Aayush decided to move out first thing in the morning.

"I'm sorry if your stay was uncomfortable" the owner said with his head down while stretching his arm with the refund for the month's payment that Dhruv had given.

Dhruv kept his hand on the owner's shoulder. "Of course not sir. Something came up so I had to leave. I'll never forget your family's hospitality. And you don't need to refund. You can have the money." He said with a smile.