28. Secret Meet up! 🔥

Start from the beginning

I opened the door and a huge amount of dust particles flew towards my mouth earning a cough from it. I covered my nose and eyes because I have symptoms of dust allergy. The room was entirely filled with spider webs as it wasn't opened for years. My eyes turned teary. This was the dance room where my mumma used to teach me dance. My father had constructed this room specifically for her so that she could pursue with her passion but circumstances bound her to let it go. But, she wanted to see me being a pro in classical forms and so she used to teach me here when my father and brother would not be at home. This room reminded me of mumma. I switched on the lights to get a clear view of it. Everything was same. Those big glass mirrors, the white marble floor and that ghungroo, which my mumma respected the most. I could recall my childhood, the day when I first started to learn dance.

*Flashback*
( AUTHOR'S POV)

"One...two...three and four! Come on beta now your turn.", Aradhya's mother said to her six year old daughter who was struggling with her small light weight ghungroo.

"Okay mumma! One...two...three..", saying little Aradhya followed her mother.

"Very good! Meri pyaari beti. Chalo aur ek step sikhte hai hmm!?", saying Aradhya's mother continued teaching her some more dance steps. They continued dancing when suddenly Aradhya shouted in pain.
(Very good! My lovely daughter. Let's learn one more step hmm!?)

"Aahhh! Mumma!"

"Aaru beta! Kya hua? Oh no! Come here.", saying Aradhya's mother made her sit on her lap and opened her ghungroo. Actually little Aradhya got hurt on her feet while dancing because she couldn't handle the weight of the ghungroo on her ankles. Though her ghungroo's were extremely light weight than the one her mother was wearing, but still! She was just a six year old girl.

"Mumma, I love to dance! You'll teach me more right!?", little Aradhya said sitting on her mother's lap while she was applying first aid on her feet.

"Yes my daughter! You are the only one who can continue with this legacy. I want to see you as a pro in dance. Promise mumma that you'll never leave dancing!", saying Aradhya's mother forwarded her palm in front of her daughter.

"Promise mumma! I'll make you proud one day.", saying little Aradhya giggled.

"Ragini! Where are you?", suddenly they heard a voice from downstairs.

"Haa Abhay! Papa is back! Let's go now.", saying Ragini ( Aradhya's mother) closed the door and headed downstairs with little Aradhya.

*End of flashback*

"I promised you mumma, I'll never quit dancing. But I couldn't keep my promise!", I said looking at her photo which was hung on the wall. She was looking beautiful in a red saree. Tears pooled down my eyes. Why did God snatch her away from me when I needed her the most!?

My gaze shifted on those heavy ghungroo's which mumma used to wear while dancing. I picked them up and tied them around my ankle. They were heavy! Very heavy. Heavier than the ones I used to wear after growing up. I touched my mumma's picture in order to seek her blessing and started dancing.

 I touched my mumma's picture in order to seek her blessing and started dancing