6. Mesmerised

Why didn't he shout at me? Why didn't he create a fuss? I ruined his kurta after all! Thoughts hovered around my mind

Why didn't he shout at me? Why didn't he create a fuss? I ruined his kurta after all! Thoughts hovered around my mind. I suddenly remembered those words that he said to me last night. 'You have the power to enlighten a person's life. You just need the correct person. Someone spoilt. Someone who has the deepest scar and only you hold the power to heal it!'

Nobody ever said me something like this. I and healing someone? Whose scar will I be able to heal when I have got the deepest scar of my life, which no girl can imagine.

"Which one Aaru? Red, green ya yeh pink wala?", I heard Nihar.
(Which one Aaru? Red, green or this pink one?)

"Huh?", I said looking at her. "Green one's gonna suit you!", I said to her smiling.

"Okay! And what are you wearing?", she asked me.

"Not yet decided! Find me something from my suitcase .", I said to her pointing towards my suitcase which was lying beside the cupboard. She went towards the suitcase and after searching she took out a hot pink coloured lehenga.

"This one! Wear this!", she said keeping the lehenga on the bed. And you remember right you need to perform today!"

"Yes I do remember Nihar!", I said to her smiling. It's now time for Rukmini di and Armaan bhaiya's sangeet and mehendi ceremony and I had one solo performance on everyone's demand.

Time skip

The house was wonderfully decorated with fairy lights, flowers, different coloured fabrics and everything for the mehendi and sangeet ceremony. Rukmini di was wearing a beautiful mint green coloured lehenga and Armaan bhaiya was wearing a kurta of the same colour. The mehendi artists had already arrived. Sumitra aunty took the mehendi cones and did some puja by keeping it in front of the God's idol before applying it on Rukmini di's hands.

Rukmini di first sat down to apply mehendi. Nihar and I took two cones and started filling Rukmini di's hands while the other two mehendi artists did her legs. The rest of the two artists did for the other girls, mainly Yashika, Sumitra aunty, Armaan bhaiya's mother and my bhabhi(sister in law). Nihar hid Armaan bhaiya's name in Rukmini di's hands. Nihar and I completed filling Rukmini di's hands while the mehendi artists were still working on her legs.

"Nihar, aab tu ja k mehendi lagwale! Main baithi hoon Ruks k paas.", I said to Nihar smiling.
(Nihar, now you go and get your hands filled! I'm here beside Ruks!)

"Wow Rukmini di! Aapki mehendi toh bohot dark hua hai.", said Virat and Akash.
(Wow Rukmini di! Your mehendi has turned out to be very dark.)