Chapter 99

*Grace's P.O.V*

I struggle to wake up, blinking the sleep out of my eyes as I try to make sense of how we're already here. I whine, the pacifier Mommy had probably put in my mouth, falling out which causes Mommy to shush me and unclip it from me. I couldn't believe she would shush me while stealing my paci! I was her little baby and she had no right to shush me while doing that.

"Well good morning to you too, sleepy head. Now finish your apple juice before I feed it to you from a bottle..." Mommy says, picking up the sippy cup I forgot about and handing it to me. I pout even more because I don't want my sippy but I don't dare get rid of it either.

I just want out of the carseat, trying to wriggle out as Daddy parks the car. I look at Mommy expectantly, especially since Daddy is already out of the car and I want to get out of the car too. He can watch me! However Mommy is taking her sweet time to make sure that she has everything, checking my diaper bag and her purse, and even taking out a bottle as I still haven't touched my juice. Quickly, I put it to my lips and start gulping it down, watching mommy eventually put the bottle away and sigh in relief.

I don't know why she brought my diaper bag. I wasn't going to use my diaper so she wouldn't need any of that stuff. It was just something extra she will have to carry around because I am a big girl so can easily make the potty! I will make the potty too and prove to mommy that I could have so worn my pullup! I could have even worn my trainers! Okay... maybe not the trainers but definitely the pullups! I could have so worn my pullups!

Hearing the trunk open, I try to turn to see what daddy is doing but can't because of the stupid car seat. I can't even see past the back seat because of how tight mommy made my blasted straps! I huff in frustration, thinking about kicking the seat in front of me but I change my mind when mommy reaches out for me.

Fearing the worst, she just puts a finger under my cup and lifts it back to my mouth, tilting it until I'm forced to either drink it or watch it spill everywhere so begin drinking again. Mommy also bends over and unbuckles me, kissing my cheek in the process.

"I keep reminding you baby... All you have to do is ask. The worst that happens is you get told no." Mommy half whispers to me as she is still close to my ear. I blush from her reminder as I did forget that was an option but still eagerly throw the straps off and turn around fully to see what Daddy is up to.

I watch daddy struggling to open something for a bit, curious what it is. While I'm waiting for him to figure it out, I yelp as mommy picks me up and moves me to kneel on the car's seat and not my seat.

"I've warned you before not to do that, young lady. That seat is too expensive for you to break by kneeling on it like that. It's for your bottom only!" Mommy lectures with a couple playful pats to my bottom that I more hear than feel. Sticking my tongue out at her in return, mommy surprises me by plopping my hat on my head and squishing it down very dramatically before securing it. Glaring, I fix it so it is sitting properly and turn my attention back to daddy but pout when whatever he was playing with is gone. Turning back around, I sink to my bottom and stare at my feet with my arms crossed.

I realize when looking at my feet that I've managed to lose one of my sandals during all this but I'm not exactly sure when. It is something that surprised me since they were the kind of sandals that had a strap that went around the ankle and are supposed to be hard to lose. It seems not hard enough for me though because I lost one.

"Just now realizing you lost your shoe?" Mommy teases as she leans down and grabs my ankle. Lifting it and twisting me, she drags me to the edge of the car, making me giggle and laugh even harder as she begins tickling my exposed foot. Breaking free, I crawl away until mommy gets my ankle again and pulls me back. Removing my other sandel, she throws it to land near the other one before tickling that foot now!

This tickling and dragging continues until I'm struggling to breath from all the laughing and mommy has me on my back, helping me into socks for some reason, even though I never wear socks with sandals. I get my answer why though when mommy pulls out my special walking shoes and I immediately turn and try to get away. If I can only get to my sandals, maybe I can put them on before mommy can put those shoes on!

Right as I'm about to get a hold of one of my sandals though, mommy gets my ankle and pulls me back. With a hard slap to my bottom, that is very painful this time, she spins me around and forces me to sit on my stinging bottom. Teary eyed from being spanked and denied my sandals, mommy digs out my paci and forces me to accept it with a warning glare after I first refuse to open my mouth for it.

Pouting the entire time she spends to put them on, I'm surprised when they just slip on pre-tied and I don't have to sit here forever waiting for mommy to untie them and retie them like before. It used to take forever and mommy would never let me help after she claimed I wasn't untying them but unlacing them, making it 10 times harder for her. It's not my fault she just doesn't know how to do it properly in her old age and wants to be all dramatic about it!

Looking at the shoes now on my feet, I'm disappointed to see they match my outfit perfectly. My romper is just the right colors to look like I did this on purpose. Even daddy's hat goes with these shoes! I just hate that so much and want nothing more than to pull them off and throw them across the parking lot right now! Why can't anything go my way!?

Lightly caressing my cheek, mommy wipes away the stray tear before bending down and kissing my forehead, then my nose, then my cheek, then my chin, then my other cheek, then my nose again, before I push her away trying and failing to hide the smile her actions caused.

"Much better. I was starting to wonder if you just needed another nap after all that pouting I was seeing from you!" Mommy says picking up her bags and slinging them over her shoulder.

Leaving me to stare open mouthed at her for saying something so outrageous as me needing another nap, she actually has to put my paci back in my mouth after fixing my hat again. Taking a step back, mommy gives me a couple look overs before grabbing my chin and forcing me to look up at her.

"You are just my little cutie today, Gracie baby! Yes you are! Yes you are!!" Mommy says, coming close to rub our noses together and then peeking it with a kiss. With her holding my chin still, all I can do is pout at her during it, earning a chuckle as her hands slide into my armpits and I'm picked up.

Immediately, I wrap myself tight around her and hide my face in her neck before I'm even settled properly on her hip. Hiding now, I finally smile, happy after hearing mommy's praise on how cute I am as she begins patting my bottom while swaying slightly, eager to be carried through this entire zoo!