Chapter 70

*Grace's P.O.V*

"I stay here. You can't make me go," I argue with mommy, holding onto the doorway with both hands. I had to use all of my strength to prevent her from moving me and it was still a struggle. I was pretty sure my nails were digging into the wood, that's how strongly I'm holding on.

"Matias, can you come help me please?" Mommy shouts. I hear daddy sigh as he comes through the kitchen door, crossing the laundry room quickly. He pries my hands off the door frame, earning a whine of protest from me.

Now with me free, mommy moves much too quickly to scoop me up and into the car so I don't even have time to react and try to grab onto anything else. She opens the door to the car, setting me down in my new booster seat. Jazmin's is still in the car so they now have two booster seats in the car, something that made me super embarrassed because everyone is going to ask why. Mommy even moved Jazmin's seat to make room for mine because she doesn't want to walk to the passenger side every time so my seat is now behind mommy's.

I squirm as she buckles me in, earning a warning look and a swat to my hands when I try to unbuckle myself. I immediately stopped trying after that because it really hurt. My bottom has already learned what happens when I undo the straps by myself without permission and it doesn't want a repeat experience. Mommy even activated the child locks after that so I can't even open my own door anymore. I still don't understand why I'm not allowed to run through a parking lot. Sure, maybe a couple cars had to come to a sudden stop and I ignored mommy's threats to stop... but I made it safe and sound, didn't I?

I just really hate my new seat. It should be Jazmin's seat with how much it looks like a baby's car seat and not a booster seat. I mean, she gets to use the normal seatbelt and I'm stuck using these stupid harnesses. Why do I even need 5 belts while everyone else gets 2? Not to mention how tight they become once mommy clicks them into place! I become locked against my seat, unable to even move and it's not fair at all.

To make it even worse, we are still being constantly checked by the stupid police to confirm I am safely in my seat all the time. The one time I was extra good and convinced Daddy to let me sit in the front because it was only a short drive, daddy was of course stopped and in big, big trouble. Especially when mommy found out because of course she did. So now this is my seat whether I like it or not.

"You were fine this morning with going and even excited. You were asking if it was time yet. Now you're pitching a fit. I'm sure this tantrum has nothing to do with your wet pullup from earlier either. I tried to warn you to just pause the video and not to hold it until the end but what does mommy know," Mommy grumbles as she puts a bag down on the floor of the car, right in front of me so of course I kick it over in response. With a sigh, mommy picks it back up and moves it to rest next to me instead, out of reach because of my stupid seat!

"I not go now. I wanna stay with you mommy! Please!!" I whine as I try to grab onto her arm, trying to show her my best puppy dog eyes. Mommy just ignores my pleas and shuts the door, getting in on the driver's side as daddy gets in the passenger seat.

"Let come. No need babysitter. I be extra good," I demand, kicking my leg out and kicking the back of Mommy's seat in the process. I still when she turns around, giving me a disapproving look that makes me shrink back in my seat and look away.

"First of, look at what your daddy and I are wearing compared to you... do you even own a cocktail attire dress? Before you lie, remember I bought your entire wardrobe and return everything you won't wear." Mommy tells me, making me actually look at what they are wearing for the first time.

Daddy is in one of his fancy suits mommy makes him wear and mommy is in a tight fitting plain black dress. I hate tight fitting dresses because you can't play in them or twirl! It's not my fault it's just so fun to see how long you can make your dress hover in the air! Also, plain colors are just so boring!

"Secondly, our friend group gatherings has a rule. No matter what age they are, no kids or grandkids are allowed. I'm sorry Gracie but you just can't come," Mommy says, making me whine.

"Can too come! Mommy just not love Gracie anymore. Lie so can get away from me," I huff as I cross my arms over my chest. I glare out the window as the car starts to back up and pulls out of the driveway.

"I do love you Grace, baby, but you're not an exception to the rule," Mommy says before continuing.

"Besides, Jazmin is so excited that her Auntie Gracie is coming over to play and we wouldn't want to disappoint her. It's been too long since you spent any quality time with her or your sister. You always used to love spending a day with them," she tries to convince me but I won't fall for it.

"I not care. Won't go. No fun," I say as I cross my arms over my chest, still upset they were just leaving me. What kind of parents would just abandon their daughter with a meanie of a babysitter like this?!

"Grace, you haven't spent anytime with Zahira and she's your big sister. You can't avoid her forever," Mommy says as I pout.

"No, not see her. Think I'm a stupid baby cause of my stupid pullup and carseat. I not a stupid baby," I whine as I look down at my lap, wondering if I could take the pullup off when we get to Zahira's.

"She will not think you are a baby, Grace. She understands that you need your pullups and that they are not and never have been something to tease you about," Daddy says, turning around to look at me and to rub my leg reassuringly with his hand.

I shake my head, not agreeing with him. I decide to just sit quietly, wishing mommy had given me a paci for the car ride. There wasn't any need for it though, as we didn't live that far from Zahira's house and would arrive quickly. However, I just wanted one of my pacis. I decide to just suck my thumb instead but find it already in my mouth, and mommy looking at me in the mirror that's angled to look at the carseat with disapproval. I ignore her look and leave it in, smiling slightly because there isn't any way she can stop me so it means I win.

As we are heading to Zahira's house though, I realize once again why I hate this stupid seat so much. It's because this wasn't the first seat they got me. Daddy was buying them and returning them because mommy was never happy for one reason or another. Eventually, mommy just dragged me to multiple stores to personally sit and try out multiple seats until she found this one at a very specialized store. I hate to admit it but it is a super comfortable seat and way better than all the other ones we tried.

It's so comfortable though, that I find myself always wanting to nap while in it and naps are stupid! I used to never be able to nap in cars and it was great. Sure, it might have been because the seatbelt would dig into my neck every time I tried to nap, irritating me, but naps are stupid so I was happy that it prevented me from doing so. That is why this seat can never compare to a seatbelt because it must be on mommy's side with how much it tries to put me to sleep.

Right now though, I'm so comfortable that it's a struggle to keep my eyes open. They always get so heavy while mommy is driving. I try to ignore my heavy eyes and concentrate on the music but mommy of course notices me through the mirror and turns it down so I can barely hear it. I glare at her for this betrayal but she only smiles back at me and I start to smile back before catching myself.

I quickly look away once I realize so I don't give her the satisfaction of seeing my reaction. Closing my eyes, I decide it's better to just leave them shut. They are super heavy and I'm sure nothing bad will happen with me resting them like this.

When I open my eyes again, we have arrived at Zahira's house. Surprised, I swear mommy just used her magic to teleport us and not because I took a nap just now. Naps are stupid so I would never do that. I was just resting my eyes for a second so it was definitely mommy's magic...