Chapter 62

*Grace's P.O.V*

Eyeing the grill while in daddy's arms, I spot the kabobs he is cooking for mommy. Reaching down, my hand is quickly swatted up and away by daddy, making me pout.

"I just wanted a bite..." I complain to him with a pout.

"They are hot, Gracie. Not to mention the grill is even hotter. I am not explaining to Fami how and why her baby is crying about burned fingers or a burned mouth. Arms stay up and around my neck or you go inside." Daddy says firmly. Finding him boring and mean, I wiggle out of his arms and storm inside. As I get to the door, I realize mommy isn't looking and that I can surprise her! Maybe even scare her! Daddy of course ruins those plans with his big, stupid mouth.

"Gracie is heading your way, honey!" Daddy yells as soon as I open the door. I turn back and glare at him for giving me away like that! I was about to have so much fun too!

"Come here, baby, and help mommy. I was just complaining how much I needed a little helper for this and in you come! And stop glaring at daddy like that. He was only letting me know you're my responsibility now." Mommy says without even turning around to look at me. My mouth hangs open as I wasn't even glaring in her direction so she shouldn't have even seen me do it!

"Wanted kabob," I mutter, going over to Mommy who is cutting up tomatoes. I don't really like tomatoes, they're kind of yucky so I will not be helping her with that.

"You can wait until they're done like everyone else. Go set the table for Mommy, please," Mommy instructs, making me whine. I didn't want to set the table! I hated setting the table. I reluctantly grab the plates that she has set on the counter after a look from mommy, my nose wrinkling up when I see that one of the plates is a froggy plate. It was so childish, no way was I going to use that!

I go over to the table, setting the froggy plate in Mommy's place. I put my regular plate across from hers, grinning triumphantly as I went to put Daddy's plate down. I'm still mad at him for ruining my plan of scaring Mommy though so I debate between switching plates so he has the froggy plate instead. Eventually I switch them, grinning as I go back to Mommy.

"What should we have with our burgers Gracie? Chips or fries?" Mommy asks, making me grin. I liked making important decisions like that, it was always fun.

"Fries," I say, making Mommy hum.

"Go get them out of the freezer then," Mommy says, glancing at me. I hurry to the refrigerator, opening the freezer door part as I dig through it. I pause when I find ice cream, sneaking it out of the freezer. "Put it back," Mommy says, making me freeze.

I glance behind me and she isn't even looking at me. I stare at her as I slowly slide the ice cream out, freezing when she glances at me.

"Now," Mommy says sharply, making me push the ice cream back in the freezer quickly. I get the bag of fries out, shuffling over to Mommy. I hold the bag out to her, making her set her knife down to open the bag. The plastic tears easily and once it's torn, she hands the bag back to me.

I go over to the airfryer and open the door to it. I pull out the little tray, pouring the fries into it. Mommy's close enough by that she tugs it out of my grip when I try to put all the fries on the tray to cook. I pout, looking at her with a frown.

"I know you Gracie and if I let you make all those fries, you would only want to eat them for lunch. Plus it's a waste because you wouldn't want the leftover fries once they were cold," Mommy states as she rolls up the bag, getting a clip out of one of the drawers to keep it shut before handing the bag back to me. I take it over to the freezer, putting it in before returning to the airfryer. Mommy has already put the tray in but she lets me push the buttons to make it start.

"Kabob time now?" I ask as soon as Daddy comes in, carrying a casserole dish. That's what he always used to carry food back in, despite Mommy telling him not to do that with her stuff.

"Of course Gracie," Mommy says, making me skip over to Daddy as he sets the tray down. I reach to grab a kabob, squealing when I am scooped up from behind by Mommy. I squirm as she carries me over to the table, sitting me down in a booster seat.

"Mommyyyyy," I whine, kicking my legs out slightly as I glare down at my lap with a frown on my lips. I hate the stupid booster, it's only worse when Mommy uses the straps.

"No complaining baby, you agreed," Mommy says as she kisses the top of my head. I huff as I glare at the table, knowing that I had agreed but still not liking the fact that I was stuck in a booster seat. She returns with a bib, putting it on me. I pout even more at that, trying and failing to slide down in my seat because of the strap.

"Not need a bibbbbb," I drag out the last word so she knows that I am complaining. I squeal when she tickles my sides, kissing my cheek before leaving again.

I try to turn and watch her, smiling happily when she returns with my plate. I frown when I see that my brilliant plan of switching plates around hasn't worked and Mommy has given me the froggy plate. She has already cut my burger up for me, cutting it into four smaller pieces. She's also taken the kabob off the kabob stick which is very mean of her to do in my opinion. Everyone knows the best part of eating kabobs is pulling them off the sticks with your teeth, afterall.

She hasn't given me a fork or anything so I just pick up a piece of beef and put it in my mouth. I hum happily as I try a bite of one of the bell peppers. Daddy is very good at making kabobs I decide, even if he was mean for not letting me eat some right off the grill.

By the time Mommy and Daddy finally sit down, I've already eaten most of my kabob. I can hear the hum of the airfryer so I know that the fries aren't done yet. I make grabby hands at Mommy's kabobs on her plate, making her raise an eyebrow.

"You still have some left of your kabob, finish that then I'll get you more," Mommy informs me, making me whine. Daddy leans over, giving me one of his kabobs and I clap my hands happily.

"Let the girl eat another kabob. I'd rather her full than being whiney later about how you didn't let her eat as much as she needed to," Daddy says as I bite into the kabob. It's really juicy and some of it trickles down my chin. All of the food is warm but it's not hot enough to hurt anymore.

I finish the kabob Daddy gave me before I move onto eating my hamburger. I think that's a silly name, it should a handburger if anything at all. Mommy gets up and comes back with a sippy cup full of lemonade and a few fries.

"I figured she can have more fries if she still isn't full after her burger and kabobs," Mommy explains as she puts the items down in front of me. With a sigh, I pick up my sippy cup, using both hands to hold it so that I can drink from it as quickly as possible. That way I will use it for way less time and it will be way less embarrassing. My rushing causes some lemonade to dribble out of my mouth and I look down, realizing that my bib is covered with condiments and lemonade and I'm not even halfway through eating. I'm pretty sure the only reason that happened though was because Mommy made me wear a bib! If she hadn't I doubt I would have spilled even one thing on my onesie. In fact, I'm not even sure mommy gave me a clean bib to begin with. This might just be a set up to trick me!

I eventually go back to eating, listening to Mommy talk about my dentist appointment as she refills the sippy. I still am upset at the mean dentist and her for making me go, which she knows based on the looks I keep giving her. She of course just smiles at me and proceeds to clean my face and hands with a wet washcloth. Once satisfied, she gives me back my, once again, very full sippy to my great disappointment