Chapter 66

*Grace's P.O.V*

I spend forever up in the playhouse. Not because it's my favoritest part but because I have to decide how to decorate it. I'll have to get Mommy to get me some chalk so I can color all over the wood and make it pretty on the inside. I go down the little rock wall ladder, dropping to the ground and going to swing.

I like the swing, it's fun to see how high I can go. I try to jump off the swing but Mommy comes outside right when I'm about to do it so I decide not to. Not while she's home at least. Whenever Daddy watches me for the day though, it will be fair game.

I slow down the swing by dragging my feet, going under the playhouse where there is a picnic table. It's a small one, only like two people could squish onto it but it's fun to sit at. I swing my legs as I imagine eating dinner out here but decide to slip between the little gap between the bench and the sandpit area. I plop down, knowing that Mommy probably won't be happy that I'm going to get sand all over her house but she was the one who got the sand so it was her fault.

I start to dig in it, using both of my hands as a shovel to start making mountains. I trace out drawings of buildings and even use some grass to make little flat houses before I knock the mountains over onto the houses. I giggle, clapping my hands together as I do it again.

I am quite happy to just keep doing that before I hear Mommy calling my name. I crawl out of the sandbox, running over to her. I expect for her to just be checking on me, making sure I haven't like climbed over the fence or something. Which I had only done once and I'll never live it down.

"Come on, it's dinner time," Mommy announces as she lifts me up, resting me on her hip. She pats my bottom, her eyebrows furrowing. I don't like her doing that, it doesn't feel good but she keeps doing it. I just don't like how the pullup feels when she pats it right now.

"Gracie, baby..." she sounds disappointed, making me frown.

"What? I been good," I reassure her, making her raise an eyebrow as I look back at the playhouse to confirm I didn't do anything wrong.

"Gracie, your pullup is soaked. I'm surprised it hasn't leaked," Mommy says, making me squirm slightly. I realize after a moment that my pullup is indeed wet. It's in fact very very wet and that's why I don't like her pats.

"Me sorry," I say as Mommy carries me upstairs, taking me to my room.

"Nothing to be sorry about sweetheart, I know you were just excited to play and accidents happen, even to big girls like you. I'm just surprised you didn't even try to make the potty is all," Mommy says as she kisses my forehead, taking me into my room, before pausing for a moment.

"I'm about to have your Daddy put one of these downstairs so I don't have to climb Mount Everest to change you every time," Mommy says as she lays me down the changing table, making me giggle. She straps me down, tugging my onesie up. I realize that I had been playing with my onesie somehow unbuttoned and my pullup exposed all afternoon.

Mommy rips the sides of my pullup, tugging it out from under me. She wipes me clean, being as thorough as always. Sometimes I wish she would just let me get a rash, that would be less embarrassing... I think. She applies some rash cream to prevent one from forming next and then pulls out a diaper.

"No! No diapee! Pullup," I say as I try to sit up. Mommy rests her hand on my stomach as a precaution even though I'm strapped down and the stupid strap is what's actually holding me down. I hate the strap, knowing that it is an evil thing to keep me from getting off the changing table and away from the evil diaper.

"I understand you may think you do not need it but I think it would be better for you right now sweetheart. You don't have to wear it if you truly do not want to but I think you should," Mommy says as she rubs my belly slightly.

"Why?" I ask, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Because you look so cute and are just my precious little baby when you're all diapered up," Mommy says as she tickles my belly, making me pout at her as I squirm under the strap slightly.

"No! Not a little baby! Big girl," I say, trying to kick my legs to squirm away. Mommy gives me a stern look when I nearly kick her after kicking out my legs like I did, making me immediately stop as she grabs my legs by the ankles.

"Kick me during a change and your bare bottom will be paying the price for it. This is your only warning..." Mommy threatens as I try to will the diaper away with my thoughts. Instead of going away, mommy unfolds it after lifting my bottom up and slides it underneath me before putting me back down to rest on top of it.

"The truth is I don't trust a pullup right now. I'm afraid of it leaking. You were very close to it leaking on you just now so I think a diaper would be better suited to your needs this evening. You honestly haven't had much luck making the potty today and pullups aren't cheap. I don't necessarily want to go through an entire pack today," Mommy tells me, rubbing my leg in a comforting manner.

"No! Big girl! No need diapee! Use potty! Me big girl!" I tell her with a glare, crossing my arms in the process.

"Okay, okay, you can wear your pullups sweetheart," Mommy says as she lifts me back up to remove the diaper.

"I was just trying to save you from the risk and worry of having a leaking pullup in front of Elena but suit herself. You can't say I didn't try to warn you. Elena thinks you look adorable in your pullup anyway. The way it was peaking out while you were playing," she states, making my glaring falter as her words make me start to pout.

"Elena stay?" I ask hesitantly. Elena had been really nice to me all day but I still didn't have to like having her opinion on my pullup. Only Mommy was allowed to say I was adorable in my pullups. Sometimes Daddy could but certainly not Elena! And no way would I want it to leak in front of her!

"Yes... she is staying" Mommy says, pausing before removing the diaper from under me.

"So she will be around for all the times I will have to ask you to go potty, carry you to the potty when you don't listen, and check to make sure you haven't decided to just use your pullup like you did while playing on your swing. That is if you choose to wear your pullups. If you wear a diaper, we wouldn't need to worry about any of that..." Mommy says, making this situation even worse. I can't help but pout, my nose wrinkling up as I wish Elena would just leave already.

"Diapee, mommy," I decide with a defeated tone, finding mommy already in the process of taping it.

"All because Elena said you look adorable in your pullups and might see why you wear them?" Mommy asks, making me nod as she finishes checking its placement around my waist.

"But you do look so adorable, baby. You look adorable in everything though... especially when you let mommy put you in your wittle diapee. You are mommy's precious wittle baby then," she coos, making me hide my blushing face as she snaps my onesie into place before unbuckling me and picking me up. I continue to hide while in her arms because mommy is a meanie and not at all because it means mommy gives me comforting back scratches. Why would I ever do something so brilliant as that?