тωєηту тняєє

the ride over to tendo's was silent. i didn't mean to not talk but i just couldn't. too much was going on in my brain and i felt like i couldn't breathe. after telling tendo what had happened, he suggested that i stay over at his for a while until this whole thing died down. a part of me was grateful for this but i was hoping that trey wouldn't drag this out and just leave. i figured that me not coming to visit him was a indicator that we were over. 

i guess not. 

"hey," tendo put his hand on my knee and i jumped slightly, coming out of my thoughts. "it's gonna be okay." i put my hands on my face and groaned, "what if they aren't." i replied. "mani, you seem really scared towards someone who you used to be close too. did he put his hands on you?"

"no...he's just...when he's under the influence he can be somewhat scary." i explained, looking out the window. "what do you mean?" he asked and i shook my head. "please, i don't want to talk about it. i just wanna get some sleep." i muttered, laying back in the leather seats. tendo continued to keep his hand on my knee and rubbed his thumb against it. 

no more talking, just the slight hum of the radio. 

_

i didn't get much sleep last night as the thought of trey coming for me haunted me in my dreams. i had nightmares for the first time in years and i couldn't believe myself for being this scared girl i never was. when i was finally able to get some sleep, within that hour, it was being interrupted by tendo getting out of bed to answer the door. 

i internally groaned, grabbing my phone to look at the time and seeing that it was 1:30 in the afternoon. i didn't have a bonnet on my head so my hair was a fucking mess and i fell asleep in one of tendo's big shirts he had laying around. everything was out of control and i couldn't take that. i wiped the sleep out of my eyes and moved the covers so i could go join tendo and see who was at the door. 

"i need to talk to mani." 

"how'd you even know she was here?" 

i furrowed my eyebrows, my feet carrying me around the corner to the sight of tendo and aran talking to each other. with tendo's back turned, i watched as aran looked over his shoulder to see me. "mani..." 

"i thought you had practices?" i questioned, crossing my arms. him and the rest of the boys were practicing hard for the upcoming olympics so to see him here was unexpected. "we do, but i assume you've hard the news." aran brushed his hand over his head and i scoffed. "heard the news? the news itself called me last night." i replied irritated. 

tendo excused himself to give us some space, not before leaving a kiss on my cheek before retreating upstairs. 

"i told him not to do that when he got out." aran shook his head and i did a double take at what he said. "wait what?" i asked and he sighed, sitting down anxiously. "trey got released on bail. he has another court hearing in a few weeks but otherwise, he's a free man." 

"you knew he was out and didn't tell me!?" i yelled, pacing as aran continued to speak. "armani, you act like i could tell you! we were all busy!" he yelled back. "nigga! you could have easily picked up the phone and told me! a heads up would have been fucking nice instead of having that dude call my phone drunk!" i  fumed, "you let him get released on bail?" 

aran stood up fast causing me to back up and glare at him, "no! mani, i don't have any control on how the court works. i didn't pay his bail. you know his parents did that." he explained. i wiped my hands over my face, stressed out and scared. "i really can't believe you right now." i shook my head in disbelief. "mani, i'm sorry. i know i should have told you-."

"that is a complete understatement, aran. what the fuck am i supposed to do?" 

"did he said where he was going?"