ѕιχ

"sure you not trynna have an more kids?"

"ew, aran back up."

"no! not with me, nigga."

i rolled my eyes, closing my top but aran unbuttoned it. "nah, let em have it sis. gonna have them fiending." he smirked at me and i smirked. "aren't these your team mates?" i asked and he shrugged. "so what? you act like i like them niggas."

"i mean you work with them, aran." i sprayed some perfume on my neck, rubbing it in with my wrist. "yady yady ya-." he got cut off from akari running in full speed into his legs. "shit!" he cursed and i shot him a glare. "oop, mb." he picked her up. i put the glass bottle down and pinched akari's cheek softly. "what did i say about running?" i asked. she pouted and i rose an eyebrow. "you can't be running, sunshine. you could get hurt...again."

akari had this phase where she would run, everywhere. one day, akari had ran right into a window thinking that it was open. poor baby has her first broken nose at age 2. it was devastating.

"no to." she hid her face into aran, he usually got her out of trouble. "you're lucky, missy. i gotta go out tonight." i ruffled her hair and punched aran in the shoulder. "ouch! mani, you know that hurts." he winced and akari was rubbing her small hand against his shoulder. "yeah i know!"

_____________________

the address ushijma gave me led me to a nice looking bar with a somewhat packed parking lot and music play from the outside and inside. i was a little scared pulling up to the place. i didn't really have much a social life due to me being a mother. it's not like akari prevented me from making friends, i just much preferred being friends with my own kid.

my social skills around people i didn't know was trash.

i parked my car, taking out my purse, my phone and the small gift i had from the birthday boy. i didn't want to be rude. showing up to a person birthday party without bringing a gift. i texted ushijima as a life line so he could come to the front and escort me to the table. i didn't want to search like a chicken with my head cut off.

"armani!" ushjima called out and i smiled slightly, my heart rate calming just a little as i walked up the pathway to the bar. "i'm glad you made it." he nodded at me and i nodded back. "i'm sorry i'm late." i said but he shook his head. "it's no problem, i did tell you last minute." he replied, walking me to the table his team had.

i furrowed my eyebrows as ushjima was leading us to a back room, guarded by a security guard. "uhh, wakatoshi?" i questioned, looking behind us. "oh...we had to get out our private room for the evening. too many people trying to get pictures instead of having a nice night." he sounded irritated which only alluded to him wanting a night of peace for once. sometimes i forget that they are known across the world due to their sport. i just know them as aran's teammates.

"ayeeeee...it's the chick from footlocker." a guy i helped but don't remember announced. the whole table looked at me, everyone slowly getting quiet as ushijima moved out of the way to show me. "hey." i waved awkwardly. my heart was pounding and i was one wrong move from turning around to say, fuck no to this entire night. but i realized that i don't get this opportunity to be a normal young adult all the time.

"armani! hey, babyyyyyy." bokuto jumped up and was the first to hug me. he was drunk, had to be. i could tell when he was bokuto or drunk bokuto. there was a fine line between both. "hey bokuto." i gently patted him on the back before guiding him back to his seat. "oooo, you're the one who helped me with my shoes." the 6'7 man let out a dark chuckle and i pinpointed the small birthday boy pin on his shirt. once i had bokuto in his seat, i handed hyakuzawa the gift i got him.