тнιятєєη

"sooooo what's the plan?" tendo asked me as he leaned against the desk of my job. it had been two days since tendo and i last talked in person due to our busy schedules. i was busy getting my life together after the many many men that came into it and he was helping hinata with blocks like he was originally supposed to be doing. we had texted back and forth over the plan for akari to met tendo since tendo did want to be in akari's life. to say that i was stressed was an understatement. i was probably gaining some gray hair from the stress.

i wanted things to be perfect and i wanted akari to meet her father. the worry of something going wrong was weighting on me.

"i uh...okay...so we just need to pick a date for you to meet her." i answered, bouncing my leg. tendo nodded, slowly giving me a look. "what?" i furrowed my eyebrows as i looked at him looking at me weird. "you okay? you're fidgeting." he mentioned, pointing down at my hands that have not left my lanyard since he got here. "oh." i dropped my hands. "sorry."

"no, no. don't apologize. we don't have to talk here if you don't want." he told me but i shook my head. "no, we need to do this. i'm free this thursday if you'd like to-." i was cut off by tendo hand laying on top of mine, stopping the fidgeting i was doing. "mani? i need you to breathe." he bent to my level and looked into my eyes. i didn't know i had stopped breathing and i let some air into my lungs from tendo's advice. "fuck...sorry."

"hey, no need to apologize, okay?"

"okay."

"now like i said, we can talk another time. we don't have to do this here."

"then where would we do it?" i asked and he shrugged. "you could come to my house." he suggested. "you have a house?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "geez, where did you think i was sleeping? on the street?" he asked playfully and i rolled my eyes. "no. i just assumed that you would get like an air bnb or something since you technically live in paris." i explained.

"nahhh...i decided it'd be nice to have a house in tokyo just in case i visited." he winked and i rolled my eyes. "fine, we can talk at your house, what, tomorrow?" i asked and he shrugged, "can we do after your shift today?" he countered.

"i have no one to watch akari. i gotta pick her up from my parents house since they have a date tonight. and aran is busy with volleyball stuff." i told him and he gave me a wild smirk. "have hinata and bokuto watch her." he said and i groaned. "last time i had those two watched akari, she was high on sugar for two hours and would not go to sleep." i shook my head. "hell no."

"okayyyyy. what about just ushijima?"

"okay, you're getting somewhere. lemme call ushijima real quick." i pulled out my phone and opened ushijima's contact before pressing call. it rang for a moment then he finally answered. "hello?" his stoic voice went through the phone. "hey wakatoshi, are you free tonight?" i asked and he hummed. "i believe so, why? need me to watch akari?" i could tell he was smirking from the other side of the phone. "yeahhh. can you?"

"i can."

i smiled and tendo raised an eyebrow. "thank you wakatoshi." i giggled and i heard him scoff. "it's whatever. what time do i have to be there?" he questioned. "does 5 work? i'm gonna go pick akari up from my parents and go home."

"yeah that works."

"thank you!"

"no problem."

we disconnected and i put my phone back in my pocket. "so you're free after work?"

"i am."

_

"mi casa su casa." tendo extended his arms out to show his actually lovely interior. "this is so beautiful, tendo." i smiled, walking in after taking my shoes off. it was very minimalistic which was surprising to me however there was so much greenery. plants hanging from the ceiling, some in the corner. it was so peaceful.