ѕєνєη

quick intervention on how trey and armani met

i met trey through aran.

after i fell pregnant and dropped out of school, aran was the first to come to my house and hold me while i cried. i explained everything from the breakup to the pregnancy to me dropping out of school and so on. he was there. he helped me get back on my feet, land a job at footlocker and introduced me to his cousin, trey.

trey had this amazing smile, so straight and white and his voice. his voice was so smooth that it made my head spin sometimes. i had told him i didn't want a relationship due to my breakup and i also warned him about my pregnancy. i didn't want him to be left in the dark if he was gonna stick around. i didn't want to date him; at least not when aran introduced us. but after being so vulnerable for so long, i let my guard down and just let trey in.

he was accepting of the pregnancy. sometimes bad mouthing tendou for not wanting to stay but i always told him that it's not tendou's fault. i don't blame him because i didn't tell him.

for a little while, it was aran, trey and me until aran had to pack up for practices with japan's national olympic team. he was hesitant on leaving but i'd be damned if i held him back from an opportunity just because i was pregnant.

besides, i had trey with me.

with aran being gone, trey really got involved. helped me pick out nursery items, baby clothes; he even went to some of my ultrasound appointments. he saw all the happiness, the tears, the struggles and he didn't leave.

the last few months of pregnancy was hard for me. my mental state was hitting a point as i felt like i didn't deserve to be a mother. nor was i capable of doing this hard job. not only that but my health was causing me problems. my blood pressure was through the roof and i had constant headaches from small things like bright lights, loud music, and strong smells.

i was laid up in my bed one day as i cried to myself, holding my stomach. i was cursing at myself for not being able to have a strong body to give to this baby. my biggest fear was losing them because then this would all be for nothing. trey had left himself in and saw my emotional state. he could always tell when it was pregnancy emotions or actual emotions.

he put whatever he had brought down, going around to close all the blinds before climbing into bed with me and wrapping an arm around my waist. he usually smelt like expensive cologne but after it gave me a headache one day, he switched to something lighter.

a smell that i quite enjoy now.

"trey...i can't do this." i mumbled, tears wetting my water line. trey rubbed my stomach and left a small kiss on the back of my neck. "you got this, mani. if anyone can, it's you."

now the man was going to fucking jail for drugs.

god, my luck.