fσυя

i froze at ushijima's presence at my front door. "are you okay?" he asked and i opened my mouth but no words came out. "uhh...should i come back." i snapped out of it and blinked a little. "uh, hi...what-uh...what are you doing here?" i asked, stumbling over all my words. "i got your address from aran."

i was gonna kill that man.

"oh? isn't that lovely." i put up a fake smile in irritation. "can i come in?" the tall man asked and i contemplated it for a while. "i mean...sure." i shrugged, letting ushijima in and closing my door behind him.

i quickly cleaned up the rest of akari's toys and asked ushijima if he wanted anything to drink. "water please." i nodded, grabbing a cup and filling it with water. "so what brings you to my house, ushijima?" i questioned and handed him the glass. he didn't respond but instead leaned down to hand me a sippy cup. the one that akari had hours before. "oh, that. you're here for that." i pursed my lips and took the sippy cup from his hand.

"i didn't know you were pregnant. tendou said you left after he broke up with you."

his bluntness was always a pleasure.

"i did," i started and sat down across from him. "i found out i was pregnant after watching y'all play with karasuno." i explained. "why didn't you tell anyone?" he sounded a little bit...sympathetic. "why would i? when tendou broke up with me, he told me he didn't have time for me. how could he make time for a baby?"

"so it's his?"

"i didn't sleep with anyone else."

ushijima nodded slowly, placing the glass i gave him on my coffee table. "are you gonna tell him?" i quickly shook my head. "there is no point." i responded. "but you had his child, armani. he would want to know about that."

"i don't even know where he is," i shrugged and leaned back in my seat. "he's probably living life right now." ushijima didn't react in anyway, slightly bouncing his leg a little. i bit my lip, akari's cries starting to funnel down the hall. "is that her?"

i nodded, running down the hall to calm her down. "sunshine, do you feel better?" i tried to ask as i sat her up. tears ran down her face and she made grabby hands towards me. i put her in my lap, rubbing her back and didn't bounce her because i didn't want her to puke on me.

i didn't know if i wanted to take akari to meet ushijima but i didn't want to leave her alone in this state. so i picked her up and went back into the living room. "like i said, she'd a little sick which causes her to be whiny and clingy." i explained to the volleyball player who was shocked at the little girl.

akari gripped onto my sweatshirt, looking at ushijima in confusion. she then looked up at me with wide eyes. "mommy?" i furrowed my eyes at her and wiped her nose. "yes, sunshine?" i asked. she pointed at ushijima, "who's he?"

ushijima tensed up, trying not to stare so hard at the little girl who's father happened to be his friend and past teammate. "he's a friend of mommy." i answered, glancing up at ushijima. akari simply laid her head in my chest, done talking for a while.

"you seem shocked."

"how can i not be? i see so much of him in her."

i nodded, the resemblance was uncanny when it came to the two. "his hair is there and i assume his eyes?" i brushed akari's hair back, revealing a little bit of her brown eyes. "no, she got my eyes and his hair." ushijima nodded and wiped his hands on his pants. "nervous?" i asked him. "a little bit."

i then brought up the forbidden question, "are you gonna tell him?"

"tendou?"

i nodded, pursing my lips. if he did, i didn't know what i'd do. i wasn't mad at tendou for leaving which is why i didn't mind if he came back. i didn't tell him i was pregnant and he wanted to focus on his sport which he didn't even go pro in.