Chapter 31 - Hazel Eyes

A few days had passed and Ominis was much more happier now he was parted from Grace, she did nothing but shoot him furious glares, he couldn't see them but I knew he could sense them.

Sebastian still hadn't spoken to us but I was so happy to have my best friend back, I didn't care. Ominis went back to walking everywhere together, hanging out together and studying together. We fell back into our perfect rhythm we had created in our sixth year. Only times this was disturbed was when Garreth would appear to talk with me and Ominis would slip silently away.

"Now, when are you coming back to sit us Gryffindors? We miss our little Slytherin." Garreth asked, leant against a bookshelf in the library while I tried to study. I had no answer, I really liked Garreth but this situation we were in was confusing to me.

"Soon." I lied, not looking up from the book I was reading.

He was as sweet as usual, walking me back to the common room but paused as I was bidding him goodnight before giving me a quick tender kiss. I smiled up at him when we broke away and he returned his wicked grin.

"Sweet dreams, Hughes." He said before giving me a quick kiss on the forehead and retreating.

When I entered the common room, I found Ominis sat alone in front of the fire, staring towards the flames as the shadows flickered across his face.

"Hey Gaunt." I said throwing myself next to him.

"Hello darling." He smiled towards me before I scooted closer to him. We sat for a while chatting while the common room begun to empty. I had some left over homework to complete and pulled it out as Ominis frowned at me.

"What have I told you about leaving homework until last minute?" He scolded. I poked my tongue out at him and his scowl deepened. "Stop that!"

"You aren't blind ya know." I said shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well, some of us have already completed their homework, so if you don't quite mind, I'm off to bed." He said standing up.

"Yeah night, Gaunt." I grumbled.

After finally completing my potions homework and shoving it back in my bag, I sat back on the sofa and stared up at the ceiling, letting out a sigh. The common room was completely empty now and I knew I had to go to bed but something compelled me to stay.

Just at that moment I head a shuffle and looked up to see Sebastian taking a seat in the arm chair nearby.

"What are you doing?" I demanded and he rose an eyebrow.

"Could ask you the same thing, Hughes."

"I asked you first." I challenged.

He sighed. "You know I don't sleep very well." He said quietly looking down at the floor.

"Oh yeah. Sorry." I murmured. He ran his hand through his thick hair, giving it a ruffled look, he looked stressed. "Something on your mind?" I asked.

"Anne." Was all he said, still not meeting my eyes.

"Oh." I murmured.

"I need to see her, Lily." He almost whispered, finally looking up at me and his eyes were pleading.

"Well, you never let Ominis finish did you? Because she wants to see you Sebastian and she asked us to speak with you." I said and his eyes widened.

"I-I'm so sorry."

"It's ok Sebastian, we understood your reaction."

"If the offer still stands, please." He pleaded.

"Of course." I said smiling at him, which he returned. "We'll meet with Ominis tomorrow in the undercroft to arrange it." I continued.