Chapter 23 - Jealousy

A week had passed since Sebastian mentioned to Ominis and I about telling us what happened during his disappearance. The curiosity had been nagging away at me ever since but I didn't raise the subject with Ominis as I was hoping he would first. I hadn't spoken to Sebastian since, he was either at Quidditch practice or he spent time in the common room buried in a book until Alice would approach him, throw his book aside and sit on his lap and every time it happened, the anger that stirred inside me threatened to explode.

Garreth had caught up with me just two days after the party and apologised profusely, I simply nodded and reassured him it was fine. He wasn't happy with my response and I saw how disappointed he was each time he walked into the Great Hall and saw me sat back with the Slytherin house. I missed sitting at the Gryffindor table especially since I felt lonely at the Slytherin one. Grace would drag Ominis away from me and Imelda was usually engrossed with a couple of other students on the Quidditch team about tactics. This left me sat bored with no one to talk to. I noticed a few girls would always try sit and converse with Sebastian. Being on the Quidditch team seemed to make him even more popular and I would catch him glancing at me whenever one of these girls would flirt with him.

Today I was feeling even more low as a couple of Ravenclaw girls sat by Sebastian on the pretence they wanted some help with their Charms homework. Imelda was lecturing one of her beaters and I had no clue where Ominis and Grace were. I'd had enough of dinner and stood up and swung my bag around my shoulder, deciding to retreat to the library, which I seemed to spend a lot of my time in recently.

While walking out of the hall, Garreth caught up with me.

"Lily hey!" He called out and I stopped before I walked through the double doors and faced him but choosing not to answer him. "Can I talk to you?" He continued.

"Ok. Talk." I said very matter of factly. Garreth glanced around the hall.

"Uh can we go somewhere private?" He asked.

"Look, I already told you, it's fine ok." I said turning around but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him.

"No you need to understand Lily, I made a stupid mistake, I was enjoying your company so much." 

"Garreth, it doesn't matter ok, forget it." I went to turn around and walk away before he grabbed my wrist again, pulled me back to him but this time he crashed his lips onto mine in a fiery kiss. I was taken by surprise but his lips were soft and I kissed him back. His hands trailed down to my waist. Suddenly I was aware that a few students were wolf whistling and others cheering. I pulled away at the realisation that he had just kissed me in front of the entire hall and my eyes darted around as I saw Poppy grinning, Imelda had her mouth hanging open, I saw Ominis had entered with Grace, she was whispering wildly to him and he frowned but then my eyes locked with Sebastian. He was glaring at us both and he stood up, grabbed his stuff and stormed past us.

I looked up at Garreth, who was beaming down at me.

"Understand now?" He muttered and I nodded, smiling back.

Garreth ended up coming to library with me where we both did our homework together but after a while of sitting at a table and studying a book, I felt his hand take my own and began tracing patterns on the back of my hand with his thumb. I smiled at the interaction.

I was not ready for the reception waiting in the Slytherin common room.

"What are you thinking?! Garreth Weasley?! And deciding to publicly display your affections in front of the entire hall! It's despicable Lily." Ominis lectured, pacing in front of the fireplace as I sat beside Imelda.

"Oh Ominis, hush it!" Imelda scolded and I looked towards her and raised my eyebrows in surprise, seeing as when I entered the common room at first, she was stood with her hands on her hips, glaring at me but I think she was more upset thinking Garreth and I had been an item and I hadn't told her.