Chapter 5 - Back to Hogwarts

Billowing smoke filled the station as I smiled at the scarlet train, unable to contain my excitement of returning to my favourite place. The sounds of students chattering and bidding farewell to their families comforted me as I pushed my way through to enter the train. My mother and I had said our farewells back home and I was relieved to be away from her constant watch.

I clambered onto the train and began pushing my way down looking for an empty compartment, when I caught sight of Imelda sat inside one alone, rifling through her bag. I grinned as I slid the door back and her head snapped up.

She jumped to her feet and threw her arms around me. "Hughes! I'm so happy to see you!" I squeezed her back and chuckled.

"You too Reyes!" I let go and sat opposite her as she sat back into her seat and continued rifling through her bag.

Only a few minutes later had the train pulled away from the station and I watched through the window as families waved and shouted goodbyes on the platform, before the train pulled us away out of sight. 

The compartment door slid open again and walked in was my second favourite person. Wand held out in front of him, the end slightly glowing red.

"Ah there you!" His voice sounded mischievous. My face broke out into a huge grin and so did his.

"Ominis! Come sit down with us." He placed himself next to me and I beamed at him. 

CLICK

FLASH

I blinked quickly, my vision having gone temporarily blurry after a huge flash threatened to blind me.

"What the hell Reyes?!" I exclaimed as Imelda sat with a camera in her hands, aimed at Ominis and I.

"Its our last year and I figured I would take as many photos as I could, you know capturing memories" she shrugged.

"Well could you please not blind me in the process!"

"Oh ha ha very funny, Lily." Ominis muttered. I felt heat rush to my face as the realisation of what I just said hit me. Imelda laughed.

"Brutal Hughes, I love it." She laughed. I shot her a glare before turning to Ominis.

"Ominis, I am so sorry, I didn't think, I didn't mean anything by it!" I pleaded but he chuckled and took my hand, rubbing his thumb over the top.

"Its fine sweetheart." He smiled softly at me. Imelda rose an eyebrow, staring at our hands. I shifted uncomfortably and pulled my hand away.

As the journey back to school dragged on and exhausting our conversations, I leant my head back and closed my eyes, willing this journey to be over. I must have dozed off and became aware of a faint flash beyond my eyelids. My eyes flew open, Imelda was sat with her camera back in her hand but she was smiling sweetly. I then realised I had my head on Ominis shoulder, his cheek resting upon my head and by the sound of his soft breathing, he was asleep.

"I'm sorry, couldn't resist. You two looked incredibly cute." Imelda quietly said as she stuffed her camera back into her bag. The train has begun to slow.

I lifted my head which caused Ominis to slowly open his eyes. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned.

"We there yet?" he asked through his yawn.

"I think so, the train is slowing down." I looked out the window and could see Hogsmeade station appearing in the distance. We stood and gathered our things just as the train came to a stop. As students piled into the corridor and out to the station where carriages pulled by large but beautiful thestrals were waiting. The three of us shared one and it trundled off towards the castle. I smiled as the castle appeared behind the trees.