Chapter 27 - Deja Vu

Fifth Year

*****

I was in awe as I stepped outside and took in my surroundings. Sebastian Sallow, a fellow fifth I had just met that day began to lead the way to Hogsmeade. I was given a choice on who was to take me to Hogsmeade and I chose him, feeling intrigued by him and was eager to get to know him better.

"I was glad Professor Weasley asked me to join you today." Sebastian said as he began walking.

"As am I, thank you by the way." I replied.

"Of course, you're the only one who's ever bested me in a duel, the way I see it, I'd be wise to keep an eye on you." He chuckled.

*****

"Lily, did you hear me?" 

"Yeah, need a happy memory for it to work." I answered not meeting Sebastian's eyes. He had been explaining that I needed a happy memory for the patronus charm to work and my mind went straight to the memory of the first day we met, when he took me to Hogsmeade. I began wringing my hands together.

"You ok?" He asked and I finally looked up, he was stood, slight concern on his face and I forced a smile.

"Yeah I got it. You?" I asked and he didn't look me in the eyes this time and simply nodded.

I pulled out my wand and thought hard.

"Wait." Sebastian said and I looked at him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. He came behind me and grabbed my hand that was holding my wand with his own and repositioned it. As his skin brushed against mine, my heart thumped harder in my chest. He then brought his hand to my waist, positioning me in the right stance. I could feel his breath on my ear he was that close and I was frozen, unable to move my body and my voice had become lost.

"That's better." He whispered and then pulled himself away, while I still stood in shock, trying to find my focus.

"Um, right um... expecto, expecto patronum!" 

Nothing. Not even a wisp. I looked towards Sebastian who was leaning against one of the barrels.

"It's a hard spell if you had got that first time, I'd have been impressed." He said smiling. 

I closed my eyes and focused on the first day that I met Sebastian again.

"Expecto patronum!" I said with more confidence but again nothing. I heard Sebastian chuckle and I shot him a dirty look. "Lets see you have a go then!" 

Sebastian straightened himself and came and stood beside me. He closed his eyes and I could see him really trying to focus.

"Expecto patronum!" He yelled and a slight wisp came out. "Well better than your attempt." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes at him.

We kept trying but got no further and after a half hour of trying, I let out a cry of frustration.

"Hey, its ok, we will get there. Maybe we aren't using a happy enough memory." Sebastian stated as I threw myself onto the sofa in a huff.

"I know, I've just never tried to master a more difficult spell." I said looking at the ceiling.

"How about we go get some air?" Sebastian asked and I nodded, feeling like a break was needed.

In the Shadow of Love // Sebastian Sallow and Ominis GauntOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara