Chapter 12 - First Date

The next day, Wednesday, was hard. Sebastian was in Arithmancy, Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts and no doubt most of my other classes on other days such as charms and Transfiguration. I hoped not. The only class, I didn't share with him was History of Magic and I informed Ominis about the night previous and what I had said. Poor Ominis had to share a room with him, it was awkward and Ominis had drawn the curtains around his bed early and woken up early, just to avoid facing him.

As were packing away after class had finished, I caught the mention of his name and my ears pricked up.

"I know right! He's so cute! Do you think he's single?" Adelaide Oakes enquired.

"Uh, if anyone is asking him out it's me!" Sacharissa Tugwood exclaimed but laughed. Sacharissa, I rather disliked. She had me collecting bubotubers in my fifth year, purely because she 'didn't want to'. I found her stuck up and she seemed to think she was better than everyone else. Some other girls were giggling around them. I made a disgusted noise as Ominis and I passed by them.

When we went to dinner, Sebastian happened to sit near us. 

"Ignore him." Ominis whispered in my ear, his breath on my neck, sent electric shooting through my body. Imelda sat opposite and glared at Sebastian sat only a couple of feet from her, pushing potatoes around his plate.

"So Ominis, second date tomorrow?" Imelda teased. Sebastians eyes flicked to Ominis a moment.

"Yes, yes." Ominis waved her off. As we tucked into dinner, I noticed Garreth making his way over and was suddenly reminded of how, I had agreed to go out with him the next day.

"Well hello, sweetheart." He grinned leaning across the table. Imelda scoffed and scooted over, putting distance between themselves as he stared at me.

"Hi Garreth." I smiled.

"Still good to go out tomorrow?" Ominis choked on the food he just swallowed, Imelda gaped at me and Sebastians head and shot up from his plate, eyes darting furiously between Garreth and I.

"Yes sounds great!" I exclaimed, ignoring everyones reactions. Garreth glanced suspiciously at all three before answering.

"Er, ok, great. I'll meet you outside your common room at seven?" He asked, grinning again.

"Great." I agreed.

"It's a date!" He exclaimed, skipping off again. Well that answered that question, I guess it was a date? Both Imelda and Ominis, rounded on me.

"What on earth Lily?" Ominis demanded, his nostrils flaring.

"You cannot be serious? Weasley?" Imelda laughed.

"What, so Ominis, you can have a date, but I'm not allowed?" I demanded. Sebastians eyes were on us but he looked angry.

"Weasley! Lily, he has a reputation!" Ominis scolded.

"Ah, let her have some fun Ominis, like she said you can have a date!" Imelda waved her hand at Ominis but he was glaring at her and I noticed, Sebastian was as well.

"He has a reputation, Imelda"

"Ugh, look I'm going to go to bed, if I'm going to be scolded about who I choose to spend my free time with!" As I stood up, Ominis grabbed my wrist.

"No. No. Sit, I'm sorry sweetheart, I just-just" Ominis ran his hand through his hair. "I worry about you." He whispered. I stared into his stormy eyes. 

"I am quite capable of taking care of myself Gaunt." I smiled. He simply nodded and stared down as his plate. The rest of dinner was awkward. Sebastian left before us. Imelda, was annoyed as she had not yet gathered any information about him. Ominis and I decided to head to the library to study and catch up on homework.