Chapter 21 - Quidditch

Nurse Blainey finally let me leave at lunch time. I was desperate to get out and back to some normality of my classes and friends. I also knew I had to apologise to Sebastian. Nurse Blainey insisted I eat some lunch in the hospital wing before letting me leave for my afternoon classes. I rolled my eyes as I tucked into a sandwich, annoyed I wasn't able to eat lunch with my friends in the great hall but also feeling slightly hurt that not one of them had come to visit me.

After Nurse Blainey was happy to let me leave, I hurried down to my dorm, threw on my uniform and began to make my way to Herbology, when I spotted a mop of chestnut hair. I began to push my way through the crowd, running to catch up with him.

"Sebastian!" I called out and I saw him stop, turning to me which is when I saw him with Sacharissa. I stopped in my tracks, hesitating.

"Yes?" He demanded, an edge to his tone.

"I was wondering if we could talk?" I asked, my eyes shooting nervously between him and Sacharissa. Sacharissa raised an eyebrow.

"No, I'm on my way to class and can't really afford another detention for being late." He said with an irritated tone. He turned away from me and began walking away without even waiting for me to reply. I sighed and carried on making my way to Herbology. I walked in just as Professor Garlick was shutting the door. She gave me a sweet smile as I rushed in, taking my place next to Ominis who beamed at me as I began to set up.

"It's lovely to have you back in the land of the living my dear." He muttered in my ear. I couldn't help but smile.

I still knew I had to apologise to Sebastian and I spent the whole class worrying about his stiff tone he had with me and when he would be alone to give me a chance.

At dinner, Poppy came and sat with me, keeping up a light conversation. Ominis sat opposite me while Grace shot him and I daggers even though she was sat right next to him. She kept his attention on her the entire time and I couldn't even be bothered to try and talk to him.

"Apparently, the headmaster has an announcement." Imelda told me as she threw herself into the seat next to me, plating up some mash potato.

"What on earth for?" I asked. It was rare for Professor Black to make announcements. But as dinner was being finished off, he stepped towards the owl lectern, he only ever stood at when he addressed the school. A hush spread across the hall as he held up his hands for silence.

"After many discussions with madam Kogawa, I have come to the decision that this year, I will allow Quidditch-" The hall broke out into cheers and Imelda practically jumped out of her seat in celebration, Professor black raised his voice slightly. "-but I warn you, any more incidents like the last time and I will not hold back on banning it again!"

"In other words, any pureblood Slytherins get hurt and thats it." Poppy muttered and I nodded in agreement. Professor Black made his way back to the staff table as Madam Kogawa stood up and walked forward to address the hall.

"Could Imelda Reyes, Garreth Weasley, Emily Davies and William Smith, please remain in the hall after dinner." She called out. Imelda could not contain her excitement. I had never seen a Quidditch match in my life, it being banned when I started in my fifth year and decided it was my cue to go to the common room. I bid Poppy good night and began leaving. Before heading straight for the common room though I quickly popped to the Library to get some homework done. After completing my Herbology assignment, I decided it was time to head back. Hopefully Sebastian would be alone in the common room and give me chance to apologise.

Walking into the common room, Imelda rushed forward, embracing me.

"I'm captain! Thats why I had to stay behind! Lily, its been two years and we can play again and I'm captain! Trials are on Saturday!" She practically shouted as she literally bounced with excitement. She pulled back and I beamed at her.