Chapter 29 - Reaction

I didn't see Sebastian or Ominis the following morning and it wasn't until I was waiting outside Arithmancy that I saw Sebastian stood outside the class waiting, leaning against the wall, reading a book. As I approached the class, his eyes met mine and he put his book away.

"Lily, was hoping to run into you, we only have today to finish our Patronus homework and we are no closer to producing a patronus charm." He said frowning.

"Oh um, yeah..." I said feeling awkward.

"I think straight after classes we need to get together and practice."

"Um sounds good. Have you spoken to Ominis?" I asked scratching the back of my neck. He raised an eyebrow, eyeing me curiously.

"No why?" 

"Doesn't matter." I quickly said, looking everywhere but his face.

"Ok... so what time?" He asked but the doors to the class opened and I rushed in ignoring his question.

If we are to tell Sebastian about Anne, I'd rather not arrange anything else, even though we hadn't done our homework.

I avoided Sebastian and shot out of class after and it wasn't until I caught up with Ominis in History of Magic, that I pounced on him.

"When are we telling him because he wants to meet to do our homework?" I asked in a rushed whisper while Professor Binns droned on.

Ominis sighed, "I guess sooner rather than later. I'll owl him straight after classes, at least then you can do your homework after then without it hanging over your head."

"Thank you, Ominis." I said, continuing to take notes feeling slightly relieved. I don't think I could sit and study with him or practice a patronus charm with that lingering conversation hanging over me.

After classes, I made my way straight to the undercroft, if Ominis had done as he said he would, Sebastian would be meeting us there.

When I walked into the undercroft, only Ominis was here, pacing around the room.

"Hey Ominis." I said approaching him.

"Hello my dear." He said stopping his pacing and looking towards me. "If Sebastian read my note, he should be here any moment." 

As if by magic, I heard the metal gate clang and turned to see Sebastian entering the undercroft, curiosity etched over his face. He stopped in his tracks and looked between Ominis and I.

"I got your note... what's going on?" He asked suspiciously.

"Thank you for coming, Sebastian," Ominis said, wringing his hands together and looking towards the floor. "I'm quite unsure how to start this conversation, so I will just come out and say it." He said, finally looking up towards where Sebastian stood, who was looking more and more suspicious by the minute. His eyes kept darting from Ominis and then to me.

"Right..." Sebastian said, waiting.

"Sebastian, last night we visited your sister and-"

"You what?!" Sebastian interrupted, shocked.

"W-we visited A-Anne and she-"

"You visited my sister?! Without telling me?!" Sebastian almost yelled, taking some steps towards Ominis, fury filling his face, making me recoil at the unexpected anger.

"It's not like that Sebastian if you will just let me explain," Ominis calmly said.

"Explain what exactly?! You visited my sister without informing me, I have spent over a year, racked with worry about her and you have been in contact with her, been to see her, without a thought about me?!" He yelled.