027 Resolve

Twenty-Seven, Reslove.

      Screams of distress had alerted them all during their descent away from terminus

      Screams of distress had alerted them all during their descent away from terminus. Yells and panicked cries filling the air.

      Carl was first to urge his father in the direction of the chaos, the rest of the group soon following after the young boy.

They all gather around a large rock, Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Abraham take care of the four walkers surrounding it, an unfamiliar man sits atop it, uneven breaths leaving his lips as he trembles and shakes on top of the blood-soaked boulder.

"You okay?" Rick inquires when he finally hops down. However, his question barely leaves his lips before the man is hunched over and hurling up the contents inside of his stomach.

Adeline, who unfortunately was standing to the side of him, takes a step back and her face screws up in disgust. Looking up to the tree line and rolling her eyes.

"Sorry," The man apologises, "I'm sorry," He awkwardly pats Adeline's forearm, somewhat an apology for almost vomiting on her.

Most of the group sighed in annoyance, rolled their eyes or looked elsewhere.

"Thank you. I'm Gabriel," Gabriel introduces himself, almost instantly being cut off by their leader.

"Do you have any weapons on you?"

Gabriel chuckled and almost scoffed, "Do I look like I would have any weapons?"

"We don't give two short and curlies what it looks like," Abraham speaks up, raising his eyebrows intimidatingly.

"I have no weapons of anything. The word of God is the only protection I need."

It wasn't long before they were following the priest towards his church, thankfully getting further and further away from the destruction that was once Terminus.

Adeline, who had taken up the role of carrying baby Judith, and also keeping Lola by her side, walked directly behind Rick and Gabriel, listening in to the conversation and learning this unfamiliar man had a unique sense of humour.

Gabriel joked about leading them all into a trap and the group slowed, everyone staring at him with deadpan expressions. Their trust issues through the roof after Terminus.

The woman tightened her hold on Judith and also Lola's hand.

"Members of my flock often told me my sense of humour leaves much to be desired." He smiled, weirdly, and continued to walk when Rick took a few menacing steps towards him.

Not long after, they reached the man's church. St. Sarah's Church. A relatively small, white building with a large oak door.

Just as Gabriel went to enter, the ex-cop stopped him. "Can we take a look around first?"