013 Bruises

Thirteen, Bruises.

      Adeline trembled in fear when two unfamiliar men took ahold of her biceps, she was missing a few items of clothing, meaning the bruises and marks on her neck and chest were evident

Adeline trembled in fear when two unfamiliar men took ahold of her biceps, she was missing a few items of clothing, meaning the bruises and marks on her neck and chest were evident. She was dragged out of the room the Governor had harassed her in and pulled her along to another door, she prayed Mikael and Glenn were behind.

As they pulled the creaky panel door open, Adeline was met with the sight of her husband, her face immediately relaxing. His was face all bloodied and beaten, his shirt was torn to pieces and he looked incredibly angry.

Her hands were cupped over her breasts,
shielding herself from the room of men she found herself in. There was a handprint stained into her neck, already red and starting to bruise, courtesy of the Governor. She stood there humiliated whilst she yearned to be back home with her family. 

The woman didn't have the chance to acknowledge Glenn, who was beside her husband, when a gun was clocked and pointed at the side of her head.

"We're through with games. Now, one of you is going to give up your camp." The tallest man spoke, creepily slow.

"You best let her go," Mikael warned, taking a daring step forward in an attempt to reach out and soothe his sobbing wife but was stopped when Merle blocked his path, the sharp blade of his metal arm pressed against his neck. 

        "Wouldn't wanna do that if I was you." The man warned, Mikael sunk back in defeat.

Glenn stood there helplessly, knowing there was literally nothing he could do to help both Adeline or Mikael. He dropped the chair leg he was holding— after being ready to fight, and deflated, knowing they were overpowered.

"The prison." The Asian blurted, his voice wavering in regret the second the words left his mouth.

"The one near Nunez?"
"That place is overrun."
"We took it."
"How many are you?"

". . .Ten." Glenn reluctantly revealed, "Only ten now."

"Ten people cleared that whole prison of biters?" The Governor spoke in disbelief, taking his bottom lip between his teeth and looking between the three hostages.

He seemed to have gotten what he wanted as he lowered the gun from Adeline's head and ordered Merle to do the same, he didn't release her from his hold but instead mockingly shushed her cries and condescendingly offered her words of comfort.

Mikael was seething was angry, seeing his wife in such a vulnerable state and being humiliated by the man who had just beaten him black and blue.