Unwanted Discoveries

Start from the beginning

Velvette: (stretching) Ahh, that's better. Ready to face the day, Lute?

Lute: (awkwardly) Absolutely. But before we do anything else, can we agree to never speak of this cuddling incident again?

Velvette: (awkwardly) Agreed...

-

Back at Carmine headquarters...

Carmilla: (shocked) Zestial, you can't be serious... How can that... cloud-chasing brat, for lack of terms, be my niece?

Zestial: (calmly) I know it sounds ridiculous, Carmilla, but we can't ignore the similarities between Velvette and yourself.

Carmilla: (contemplatively) You make a valid point, Zestial. Perhaps it's worth looking into further. If there's even a slight chance that Velvette is my niece, then I must know for sure... As much as I can say, that girl has changed over these past few months. She is still my enemy. especially considering what one of her fellow Vees did to my daughter. I'll call her into a meeting and get to the bottom of this myself.

Zestial nods, understanding the urgency in Carmilla's tone, and swiftly leaves the room.

Carmilla: (whispering) Velvette... my possible niece. What secrets do you hold?

-

A few moments later, Velvette and Lute make their way to the kitchen of V Tower, their minds still reeling from their unexpected cuddling session. Despite their agreement to never speak of it again, there's an undeniable sense of awkwardness lingering between them.

Velvette: (breaking the silence) So, uh... coffee?

Lute: (relieved) Yeah, coffee sounds good. I could definitely use a caffeine boost after... well, everything that happened yesterday.

As they prepare their coffee, Velvette can't shake the feeling of unease that's settled in the pit of her stomach. She knows she needs to address the situation with Lute, but she's not quite sure how to broach the subject without making things even more awkward between them.

Velvette: (hesitantly) Hey, Lute... about last night-

Lute: (interrupting) Yeah, about that... I just want to say that I'm sorry if I crossed any boundaries. I didn't mean to make things awkward between us.

Velvette: (softly) No, Lute, it's not your fault. I... actually kinda liked it. Having someone there with me, I mean. It felt... nice.

Lute: (surprised) Really? I mean, yeah, it was nice. But I didn't want to assume anything, especially considering our... complicated dynamic.

Velvette: (smiling) Yeah, I get that. But maybe... we can consider it... a moment of... vulnerability between friends.

Lute: (awkwardly) Yeah, I'd like that. Friends... vulnerable friends.

Velvette: (thoughtfully) You know, Lute, I never thought I'd say this, but... I'm glad you're here.

Lute: (smirking) Yeah, me too, Velvette. Me too.

Suddenly, the two are interrupted by Vox, who walks in and looks directly at Velvette.

Vox: (annoyed) Well, well, well, what do we have here? The infamous Velvette and her little fallen angel friend having a cozy moment? How quaint.

Velvette: (rolling her eyes) Oh, give it a rest, Vox. Can't a demon and a fallen angel have a civil conversation without you butting in?

Vox: (smirking) Oh, I'm just here to observe, darling. After all, it's not every day we see the Ice Queen herself showing a softer side.