Chapter 7. Going to America (b).

Dedicated to Manisha12

Neha Gupta

"You are going to America"

His words echoed in my mind. He cut the line after saying those words. But,why I'll go to America. And why he was rambling about Grampa did it. No way, Grampa can never decide to sent to America!

He never sent me alone out of the states. And he will sent me to America! What a joke! He must still try something other to make me fall for that. So, he can laugh the ass out.

But,something in my heart was not ready to accept as it a joke. His broken voice on the phone was replaying in my mind.

What if it's not a prank..

What if...

"Neha... Neha.." Ritu said grabbing my shoulder and shaking them.

"Hmm.. Nothing" I said coming back to reality.

"Who was on the phone?" Pooja enquired.

"Vicky"

"What did he said?"

"I'm going to America"

"What!!!?" Both shouted causing me to jump.

"Ya" I mumbled and started walking.

"But,why?" Ritu said in lower voice catching my pace.

I sighed. "I don't know. He hang before I could ask something"

"He better be kidding" Pooja said with a no-nonsense tone.

"Ya" Ritu replied her with the same tone.

I shook my head.

The walked towards the home was silent and too uneasy. I just hope that it was a big prank which they all are playing with me. Fingers crossed and also the toes crossed. You don't which one works.

"But,why suddenly, she is so-" Aunt stopped in between when she was us entering the hall.

Grampa, Uncle were already home sitting on the couch. Vicky and Ankit were not present. Aunt and Ramu kaka were sitting on the couch which was opposite to them. The atmosphere was too tense. So,this means it was not a prank. Its real. I wish it was so easy to believe it.

But,here the real question is

Why?

Why,I'm going to America?

Grampa and Uncle looked at the direction to look what Aunt was seeing and why she stopped the sentence midway. After that something unexpected happened. As soon as Grampa saw me he got up and hugged me tightly.

"Oh,princess! Are you okay?" He asked looking checking me for some injuries.

His looks and action make me more suspicious. Why I'll be injured I just went for my regular gym practice?

I nodded. But,still the train of my thought didn't left me.

Pooja and Ritu were also shocked due to his behaviour because whenever he meet us. He is never worried also in happy mood. Last time, I saw him like this was when we returned home safely after the kidnapping.

He sighed in relief but he was getting sweaty.

Oh my old man! You care and worry a lot!!

"Grampa, stop worrying about me. You stress yourself a lot" I said removing the handkerchief.

"I don't" he refused.