Chapter 5: The day

Charlie was pacing through her room sitting at her desk every now and then to add to her speech. Her meeting with heaven was this afternoon.

Charlie wiped the tiredness from her eyes. She had barely slept at all last night. The time on her clock said it was just past seven. Great. She would somehow have to make it through a whole day.

To make matters worse Charlie had barely written anything. How would she make sure heaven would take her seriously if she couldn't even write a speech?

At that moment someone knocked on her door. Who could it be at this hour of the morning? She opened the door to find Alastor standing at her door.

"Alastor?" She asks confused as to why he was here this early.

"Good morning Charlie! I hope you're prepared for your meeting. An exciting day isn't it? One could almost call it historical!" He says cheerfully letting himself in.

"What do you want Alastor?" Charlie didn't want to sound rude but she didn't really need distractions right now.

Alastor walks over to Charlie's desk and reads the speech laid out on her desk. "Well Charlie, this just won't do! Tell you what we'll drop by Rosie's today. She's very talented with speeches. I'm sure she'll be happy to give you a few extra tips!" He says.

"Wait... You're helping me? Why?" Charlie asks even more confused.

"Of course Charlie! As I said one could do without exterminations and you are truly like a daughter to me. You've already proven redemption and I believe you can prove we don't need exterminations."

Trying not to show how touched she was with his words Charlie makes her way to her desk. She knew Rosie would be a lot of help and so would Alastor. "Ok." Charlie agrees.

"Well then let's get to work! Chop chop get ready. We'll make our way to Rosie right away." Alastor says walking out of her room.

Once Charlie was fully dressed and ready they made thier way to Rosie.

"Charlie if you don't mind I would love to assist you in heaven." Alastor says while they walk.

"Of course!" Charlie says taken aback.

When they arrive at Rosie's they find it's almost completely empty. She's absolutely delighted to see them.

"Alastor! Charlie! Come in, come in! Oh how have you been? How's the project going?" She says sitting them down and offering some pinky fingers.

"I'm good thank you Rosie. The hotel is doing great. That's why we're here actually. I need your help. I managed to get a meeting with heaven but I need help with my speech." Charlie says.

"Oh my dear how very happy I am for you! Of course I'll help you. Alastor why don't you take a walk and let the ladies talk." She says sending him away.

"Ok let's see." Rosie says sizing Charlie up. "Your confident enough dear you just need to work on your presentation." She says.

Together they managed to make a well written speech and Charlie was able to say it confidently. She was ready.

"Good luck my dear and have fun in heaven! Rosie says as they leave.

"Well that was productive don't you agree?" Alastor says as they walk back to the hotel.

"Yes I'm ready." Charlie agrees.

"That's the spirit! I need to run some errands back i'll be back in time." Alastor says.

"Ok." Charlie says. She makes her way back to the hotel exited for her meeting. She was going to stop redemption no matter what.