20. Heer

"What happened my love" mumma rushes towards me to cup my face .

"She -- she blocked me".

"Who? Siara ?"

I nod and break down in tears "I-- I t-told Daksh , she'll h-hate m-me".

"Oh , it's okay baby" she brings my head under her chin ."sometimes people don't understand us and our situations"

"Lonliness kills me mumma and I only had her. Some people don't talk to me because they are scared of uncle and dad . Others because of Rey and rest think I'm the egoistic queen B of school. I only-- only h-had her"

I see a tear rolling down her cheek when she hugs me tighter "everything will be alright my doll"

I get up wiping my face and head to my room , all alone . It feels like today when I see out of the window of my room from first floor , I just see a nightmarish dark cloud  . There's nobody,  nobody to love . People only want to see me breaking,  falling apart and shredding into pieces .

"Being strong is difficult ,  I can't do it anymore" I mumble to myself and sit in the corner of my room.

"Hello" aunt shru utters on the phone "heer are you alright?"

"Is she -- is she okay aunt Shru ? P-please stay with her"

"She's okay darling don't cry . Come over and resolve everything with her"

"I will come"

"Okay and don't cry"

I hang up and change my clothes . When I step down the stairs I see dad and turn around because I don't want him to be angry at everyone once he sees me crying . Walking towards the door,  I come to sudden pause when dad calls "you , come here"

I turn around and keep my head down walking closer to the table .

"Can I get a hug ? Please"

"Dad" I voice and wrap my arms around his neck sobbing .

"I love you , your mom loves you also and your favourite uncle does too . You know why ?"

"Because I'm cute"

He laughs softly running a hand on my head "because you are such a strong girl Heer Abhimanyu Mandhana" I fist his shirt.

"I also love you so much Mr Abhimanyu Mandhana"

"So don't cry , it makes me want to burn down everything"

"And trust me he can" mumma chuckles .

I cup his face "no Don't or I'll have to be the doctor again to fix your brain."

They both laugh while we recall the times when in my childhood I used to become a doctor and dad was my patient.  Always having a headache , always angry . He would become so happy when he saw me try to make everything right .

"I still forget all problems when I see you."

"Oh my god abhi , sometimes I wonder how on earth are you gonna let a boy take her away from you ?" Mumma laughs.

Dad sighs " I don't think she's gonna choose anyone over me "

"No never" I shake my head "don't worry dad , I don't like anyone now  "

"Thank god I don't have to break anyone's legs "

I and mumma laugh throughout dinner with dad . Next morning I head for the Raichand Mansion .

"Where's she" I ask aunt shru while uncle Shivay looks at me with concern but doesn't say anything.

Aunt shru signals to her room and once I reach at the door , my heart begins aching again.