14| Those Are Mine

· · Kipper · ·

Many, many weeks into the month of December or so later. Dimitri and I were now following the demand of our alpha just to scout the snowy slopes of the mountain for any sign of that Aurelia person. I wasn't one for the dead, but when she suddenly came, she then just disappeared. Knowing full and well that vampires were well known to do just that and stay in one spot for awhile. Everything was changing. Chase was now protecting some young werewolf. Here I am with my mate hunting down a prey that refuses to even show its presence.

What a joke. I thought bounty hunters were the mortal type to do almost anything in their power just to get one simple wolf pup back into the care of her own pack. But, no. It had to be her. Aurelia Krug. Queen of the dead. Many years before Chase's pack came to be, she became queen of the damned and conquered hell with an iron fist. Married even the devil himself after allowing even he himself to claim her soul. She is a very big pain in the ass. Or Stephanie's ass. Staring directly out at the amazing view before me, while Dimitri was hammering down the stakes to our tent that he just set up. Does he really think that a tent will do us any good up here?

He looks over the tent after he stood up straight. There was not a single thing wrong with his spine whatsoever. He was the one who liked to sleep on the floor. Which was normal for me now. For about three years into our relationship, I never understood why he did that. But after the fourth year of our relationship. He finally explained why he doesn't like to sleep on a bed. He could have told me sooner. But back then the years prior he didn't speak English. Like at all.

It could be possible for me to get him to come to bed. Or in bed, and not in a sexual way.

"Kips. You are doing that thing where you stare at nothing." He spoke, and his voice trailed off of me like a lion's roar when they found prey. But he was no lion at all. But brother bear was his calling instead. "Oh. I am just asking myself as of to why we had to even play Chase's silly little game of 'protect' when we could just take her back to where she came." I replied. In English. I was full on American. Yet I went to college to learn various types of different languages. One of them happened to be Russian. I have a theory, that those who live in Moscow speak about 89 percent English half of the time. My theories are sometimes childish and wrong but it doesn't hurt to wonder. Yes. I have theories. But I keep them to myself most of the time.

The only one who knows is my mate. Dimitri. "Kip, you worry for nothing. You see how he acts when he is around girl?" I hear him reply to me in English. His accent came and my brows shot straight up just by hearing how smooth it was. I couldn't stop smirking at how true this felt. Knowing Chase. He kept denying that it was too fast of an act that he had been falling for her. That's why he was taking his time to get to know her. Chase and Stephanie argue quite frequently and it was like they were bashing their heads together. They were all ready acting like a just married couple. One or two things was in common with Stephanie and Chase.

They were both werewolf. But our alpha was beyond just what many alike had thought of him. He had been more. Our group was different from a regular pack. There were various types. Sure we do have a few who are werewolf. But there is but a couple of us who are bear. Like Dimitri and I. Mama bear knows best. But my beast is very a stubborn, hotheaded part of me that I can't really hide all too well. And she has a bit of a problem when it comes to new comers who aren't our kind. Werebears are different from werewolves. Despite the fact that they were both shape shifters. They tend to butt heads. I'm surprised that Chase isn't one of the werebear.

We also have lycans. Two of them. A; Ezekiel and B; Chase. Except B wont admit that he is one half the time. His wolf fought off that part of him and denied to being consumed. When it should have happened like that from the beginning. A; AKA; Ezekiel, he is the quiet type. He's very observant that it became like his mission to know everything that happens around him. In silence. While Michael, who is a hybrid between two breeds of wolf and something close to a yeti. In my view he looks like a fluffy werewolf that can stand on two hind legs, he ended up looking like the shorter version of Chase. And they are not related in any form or way. He's got that habit of being an idiot and not listening to our alpha.