12| If They Do Click

· · Him · ·

What was it about this situation that made me want to protect her? When I told I would never level myself down to do anything as let my wolf have the luxury of doing such as that. She was standing outside of the cottage in the cold, her jeans were soaked and there was no doubt that her shoes and socks were too. I went out onto the porch after I put a pair of pants on, and crossed my arms.

"Thank you." Stephanie spoke, moving a strand of hair away from her vision. She was now standing in the snow. "Don't thank me just yet. There are still more out there." I replied, allowing her inside when I tut at her with my head.

"Come. Don't just stand there, you'll catch a fever. You are soaked from the waist down." I said, watching her eyes light up a little. Walking to the steps. Climbing them and for a moment I swore my lycan saw this point of view in slow motion. But he was indifferent of her presence and wandered back into the shadows of my mind. While my he wolf wanted to take her here and now. Making our 'bond' more so.

'Fuck this mate bond.'

I told myself I wouldn't fall for her. We don't even have a friendship. Yet I saved her from being starved, killed and so on; taken back to a hell I knew all to well as her use-to-be home. She didn't look any older than a teenager. While I on the other hand had been the age of twenty six. The school I attend is one for those who are of the listed few. Apparently I was one of them. But I act like a teenager. I grew up a little faster than just any average kid had to. It didn't really matter about the age group, because very few of them were separated for a reason. Yet she ended up in the same class as me. It was like collage. Except-- more so. Without the dorms. I didn't need to show my attendance every single time. Considering I was an adult now and did my own thing most of the time. Which the principle was very aware of.

I watch Stephanie come over and her face was all flush. "Don't think that it's okay to look at me like this." She says, and I uncross my arms and led her inside. "Get up stairs. To the left; my room. To the right; the guest bedroom. Go to my room. Grab what you want to wear. Then go shower." I command, while I witness her rolling her eyes at me.

"Ok? Where-"

"Straight up. Shouldn't be too hard to miss."

She goes and does as she's told. I waited for her for over twenty minutes. All the meanwhile my wolf was pacing. The other half of me, my lycan denied wanting anything to do with the situation. "You two are something else." I murmur to myself, poking at the burning wood with a metal poker. Adding an extra log to keep it going for a few hours.

"Firstly, Sen wants to protect her. Secondly, Rift wants to be let out to draw blood. Third, you really need to make up your-"

"Are you talking to yourself?" Stephanie questioned from the top of the stairs after leaving the bathroom. I swore my shoulders stiffened to her voice. We are enemies. I can't fall in love with her. The mate bond is so strong, it's making me think things I know I shouldn't. I put the poker away and shrug my dress shirt on my shoulders. Leaving it undone. I really didn't want to deal with wrestling with the buttons. I look over at her. She was now drying her hair and happened to be dressed in my said clothes.

This made me stare at her with not a smidge of embarrassment. Only that I felt the urge to compliment her for looking only as good as she does for-

That's very weird to think about. I shouldn't think of her like that.

"Wow- yeah. I guess I was." I finally speak, and she hummed a bit. Contemplating something in her head. After she got done with her hair. She went around the couch and sat down. "Thanks for letting me use your shower. Chase." The damp towel was about to hit the arm of the couch. I stop it before it could. Knowing that it wasn't made of leather and I didn't want it to get ruined. "Don't place it on the couch. Go place it in the laundry room."