1| What do you want?

Doing what I was told was a normal thing for me. Chores. Being told to do them was something I wasn't very skilled at. Besides doing it every single day. I should be really good at it, but I don't do everything I'm told, although I try.

Standing at the front door of the maid house just to hear someone from behind me clear their throat. I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up, turning around and looking at to who needed my attention.

"You're here early today? That's a first-" It was one of the pack members, Amanda Lute. She was one of my friends I happened to make in our little village. It was more of a camp kind of village, without the tents, why call it that?

I was now thanking to whomever God heard me through my vision of thoughts.

I was actually contemplating if I should go in or not. "It's not like I like being up this early." It was six in the morning. I woke up only because I kept having the same dream. Ever since I was a kid younger than I am now. I had that same dream of fire. People's faces were present. But I could not see them. It was like I was looking into a mirror. Not being able to see my own reflection. I wonder what that meant-?

Amanda was snapping her fingers in my face just to get my attention."Ya gunna go in or what? Matilda is waiting. Ya know she hates playing the waiting game." Oh. Matilda was someone who I hated the absolute most. She was the head maid of our pack. "I dunno, Ama. I just want to go back to sleep-" I went to complain. Then her and I both jump when the door swung open like a castle's front gate. Except vise versa. Inward. Instead of down and out.

There stood at the height of five foot seven in the dawn of morning, was Matilda Stone. Ironic that her last name was named after a rock. She gripped my arm and forcefully pulled me through the door. "You are here early for once, Stephanie. You are to you eat. Then off you go." I roll my eyes at her, hearing her go on and on. I normally would just go without eating anything. Because I wasn't really the one to eat in the morning. It was just a thing I was so use to doing. Everyone else was ordered to eat in the morning to regain their energy. While I was the odd one who thought differently about it. "I really don't want to." I say. Matilda pulled me along. Amanda didn't even come into the house. She went off to do her morning patrol out in the forest with a group of whatever they were called. Her other friends I would think.

We were now striding into a black and white checkered kitchen. Matilda loosens her grip and crossed her arms. "Tough shit. You are going to eat. You are a growing soul who needs proper nutrients."

Why did she say soul? I roll my eyes at her and groaned. "I don't have to eat just because some hag told me to-"

She narrowed her grey eyes at me and a low growl came from her throat. "Food. Now. If you continue to be disobedient," she was now grabbing a paddle and going to slap me with it.  "I'll make sure you feel it until your ass turns red."

"Ey, Tilda. Leave the poor lass be. If she doesn't want to eat, then don't force it."

"Riley Ripper, you have no say in this!" Matilda nagged at who entered the kitchen now. He was the alpha's firstborn son. He was now staring at me with a look on the feature I call his stupid face, amused by how I was refusing to even eat. "She's right though, Steph. You should at least eat to fill the void." He crossed his arms and leaned into the counter. Riley Ripper was going to conquer our pack one day. Without a Luna he probably could. But he refused until he found someone.

I groan and go over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing what contents were there. Eggs, bacon and now moving to the pantry to grab the bread. If I was going to eat, it would be because I chose to. Not because of some spoiled rich asswipe who requested me to. Everyone listened to him. Either him or his father. I come out, and the hag, Matilda was now pleased that I was at least doing this for myself. Watching me moving back and forth. Doing-- it felt like a chore. Because in the end. I ended up burning the eggs and bacon. Somehow. I wasn't very skilled at cooking. My parents had always tried to teach me. But I didn't have the patience. I hear Riley laughing at how black the bacon was. Going over and picking it up just to stick it in front of my face. "Look what you did, Stephan." He said, and I scrunch my nose to the smell.

"I get it. I'm bad at cooking, so what-?"

He set it down. Leaned into my ear, enough to shutter at him being this close. "You know, girly. You could have simply asked for assistance. I would have been glad to help." God this man was a helpless tool. A tool for his father to play his games with. I wasn't one for them. "No. It's fine. It's food. I cooked them. I have to eat it." I pull the plate across the counter, and begin to eat. Feeling a slap go across my head. "Don't eat with your fingers, child! That's unsanitary! Use a fork!" Matilda nagged, giving it to me. I was scrunching my nose further in disgust at the taste, glaring over at her. Taking it out of her hands.

"I did as you asked. GET. OFF. MY. BACK." I said through a snarl, eating what food I had. It was horrid. It didn't even taste like food. But, it was something. The bread was decent at least. I decided to eat that last to get the feeling of dread out of my stomach. But, of course. Riley had taken one of the slices. I was uncaring. Which was normal to me.

Matilda held her hand to her head, shaking it. "Whatever am I going to do with you, child?" She asked me. After I got done, I set the plate in the sink. Doing them up. But at the same time, I was being stared at from behind.

"Riley- what do you want?" I ask, clanking my hands around in the sink now. "Oh. Nothing specific."

Nothing specific my ass. I wanted to say, then to turn and he was closer now. While the head maid went off into the other room to grab a few things from the cleaning closet. "Mhm, right. I've heard that before." I responded, he looked down at me with power coursing through those amber eyes of his. "But there is one thing I do want."

"And what's that? Scottish Skittles?" I questioned, hearing him hum like he was thinking. "The thing- no. The one I want is you. Stephanie."

"What-? Why? Don't you already have someone to bother?" Dumb question may as well be answered with a dumb response. "You are the one I want to start bothering." He says, quietly. Pinning my waist into the counter and looked at me. Power was leaking off him, signalling me that his wolf was in fact awake. Not out. Yet. I shivered to this thought. Gagging. "Gross." I respond.

"As if I would let some entitled rich asswipe bother me. Find someone else-" I go to say, to feel his claw grip my jaw. Forcing me to look up at him. "You won't have much of a choice." Riley cuts in. "You are to be my Luna." He whispers so quietly that I couldn't hear anything else. My wolf was fighting for freedom while I was just stuck in place staring at this guy. Who happened to just tell me that he wanted me to be his mate.

What in the actual fuck is going on?