7| Mate

It's been about three days since the week had started. I was now missing school because of my so called 'behavior'. No one came to get me. I was all alone down here. Cold and caged. Muzzled and all. Leashed. I gave up trying to get out. I stayed until someone had finally came. Which happened to be my brother. The guards let him pass and I didn't even acknowledge his existence. I was hungry. I stayed down here for three days and all they gave me was scraps of meat and a bowl of water. They were treating me like an actual animal. Joking aside, this wasn't really a laughing matter.

I was being forced to stay as Riha until I apologized. I turn my head and just ignore him. He was like the rest. He was my rival. Why would he come down and visit me?

"You have ten minutes-" the guard said to Rajah. He nodded and the two left to go to the end of the stone hall. Waiting there by the door. "Stephanie." His voice echoes and I did the first mistake by perking my ears up, low rumbling came from me in response. "What do you want-?" I ask through the muzzle, "can't I serve my sentence in peace?" I continue in question. He sighed and sat down on the stool in front of my cage. "You know, you're only doing this to yourself." Rajah spoke, and I stopped the rumble from leaving my chest. He was right. I did do this to myself. Only because I would rather be down here than up there.

My ears lower lightly and I looked away to the other side of my cage. "I was only wanting to choose who I fall in love with. Not make this so called fake situation worse. Rajah."

"It isn't fake if it's for your pack, Stephanie." Rajah replied, sadly. "You are going to become the most greatest Luna of our pack that it makes other packs tremble beneath our feet. It's now time to leave those childish ways behind before someone you love gets hurt."

I scoff, hearing this come from him. "Quit acting like you care. Raj. Because I know you don't. You don't care what will happen to me after he bares his pups into me after I go into heat-"

Rajah got closer to the cage. "Just because you are caged doesn't mean I don't care." He said this so quietly that it sounded loud to my ears. "Right. Whatever. Fuck off, Rajah. I don't need your help. You aren't suppose to even be down here." I picked something up with my nose. It was the same exact scent from days ago. I swore I felt myself go crazy in the head by the familiar aroma.

That scent can only be one person. And I never even learned that person's name. All but his last. It was-

"RAID-!"

Someone voiced from the farthest tower above the caves through the intercom. Then there was nothing but static.

The door bursts open and the guards go to defend, just to be pounced on by a group of- dogs? Wait, how did a group of dogs get down here? I watched them scatter. While Rajah shifts, his bones pop and he goes off elsewhere.

Those were not dogs. They were way too big. Bigger than me. A dark pelted werewolf bit into a guard and knocked another down with its giant claws. Sinking its teeth deep through his flesh. Blood splattering against the wall and eventually across my muzzle. I didn't flinch when it occurred, all I knew was that the scent that I held was now one filled with human blood. I began to lash, tugging on the chain that kept me leashed and clawing at the trap that kept me away from the world.

When everything went silent. My brother was no where to be found. He probably ran. Coward. I hear myself think for once without having to worry about being nagged. Everyone up above was being told to stay in their homes, while I am down here.

Trapped. Growling through the muzzle once I give myself a split second to blink. The cell was ripped open by a much bigger force. My eyes widen and soon I felt the leash and muzzle on my face be torn away without warning. Eventually. I ended up blacking out. All I saw was a dark giant figure peering over me while my vision was fading into nothing. My eyes close slowly. My body was now limp. I was mentally aware of what was happening. I was being carried out of the caves. In the mouth of this creature who was too big to be a wolf.

Who was this sweet creature who I have to thank later?

About an hour or so, I sit up way too quick, having a dizzy spell and witnessing myself in someone's bed. Screaming, lashing through the sheets. Walking up as if from the same nightmare. It was now the morning of the fourth day. I was no longer in a cell. I was naked in someone's bed? I looked underneath the blankets to see that I wasn't in fact naked, but wearing--

Whose shirt is this?

"You're awake." Came a female's voice, I became on all alert mode and hissed in pain. Holding my head. All I remember was being down in the caves. Punished for something I couldn't help. My additude.

I was scared that it was Matilda. Opening my eyes and witnessing a brand new face I have never seen before. "Where.." I go to sit up and speak, but I was stopped. "Easy." She whispered, easing me down. "You were found in the caves of the mountain. My brother was the one who saved you from being tormented by what's his face-" She continued, and I was now confused. Her brother saved me? Why? I questioned this and soon unknown tears were falling from my cheeks. Wiping them slowly to realize that someone had finally heard my plea. Or however pleas worked for that matter. "Where am I? How did I get here? Who is he? Who are you? And why am I in someone else's clothes-" I go to bombard her with questions and she all of a sudden bursted out in laughter. "Whoa, whoa, which question do you want to ask first before you make my brain explode?" She replied. "Who are you?" I go to ask, and she smiled. "I am Silica. Silica Riot. It's a pleasure."

She now owed me answers to a bunch of questions. "What's your name?" Silica asked, and I replied; "Stephanie. Stephanie Octavos. It's-- nice to meet you. I guess.." I look away and she nodded. "Oh- that's explains the name of the mountain. It was named after your pack. That makes sense." She looked so young, she had to be in her late teens.

Did she say Riot? My eyes widen when her brother came into the bedroom, shirtless. There was no way. Glaring ahead. "You." I quote, and he responded with only a simple glance.

"Me." He finally said, I wanted to get up and slap him. But I didn't have the energy. "Why did you bring me here?" I seeth, "where is here?" I press on. And he waited until I was done.

"This is my cabin. Girl." His accent made my body feel hot. And I wanted nothing to do with it. But Riha kept on pacing and since she was finally uncaged, she was running in excitement about the entrapment that finally came off. If that was a thing, which it was. I roll my eyes and ignore him. "What, no thank you?" He questioned. "I don't even know who you are and what you want. So, no. I won't thank the guy who wanted one of his goons to fuck me-" I snarl. "First things first, I-"

"First things first, my name is not GIRL. It's Stephanie. Remember it, or don't. Just don't call me GIRL." I demand, and he snapped his mouth shut in a thin line. A low rumble came from his chest, "You are in no  condition to be making demands." He replied. I roll my eyes at him, crossing my arms. "Neither are you." I was now narrowing my eyes at him now.

'Mate.' For the last time. I am not. His. Mate. Nor will I ever be. I told her this so many times. But she was indifferent and kept saying these words and what he was to her.

To us?

Our mate?

If only.

· · · Author's note · · ·

I am aware that within only two chapters of the book itself, things escalated. But it was a direction I decided to take.

I made my own signature. I actually love how it came out!

 I actually love how it came out!