10| More Than Two/ In Search

"Yo! The boys are back."
Silica shouts from my bedroom window. Signaling me that he was in fact home. I roll my eyes at her, shooing her away from the window. "If you're going to keep distracting me then get out of the room." I say without thinking, "or what? You gonna play Minecraft?" She responded to me, playfully. My eyebrows shot up and silence filled the room.

"What the hell is-" I bursted into silent laughter and she continued to hold her hip. Waiting for me to be done. "Oh. You were being serious?" I ask and she huffed at me. "Well duh." Her voice came across the room at me. And I couldn't stop myself from laughing by the look on her face. "Sorry, sorry. I'll stop-" I sit back down in my chair and sighed. "What the hell is a Minecraft?" I ask after two minutes of silence. I already knew what it was, I just wanted to see what she would do. She soon charged at me and pounced into the air to jump beside me, or I should say she landed in my lap. Causing the chair to roll backward and we both ended up on the floor with a loud thud riddling the upstairs cabin floor.

"A game for creative, artsy nerds." She replied, while on top of me. Well, this isn't weird. This isn't weird at all. I hear my mind bark at me and I hear her voice after she clears her throat. "I'm so sorry!" She got up off of me and I couldn't stop my face from flushing the way it did. "Oh nah, I was asking for it. I mean-"

We both pause at the same time and bursted out in giggles, while my bedroom door swung open and bounced off the wall.

"Kips. You opened the door too hard again." Spoke a deep male voice from across the hall.

"My bad." It had been another older girl who opened the door now. her hair was raven black. It was to her back. Her skin was white. While her eyes looked like a sunset orange. Or that could have been the lighting from the lamp. It was dark out, so her eyes reflect like a cat does in the darkness when a car drives down the street. But remembering now that we're so far off from the light of the city streets and the sound of cars.

"There's my girl!" Silica's voice I swear could shatter glass by how loud it was. Scaring me, while I watched her booked it to the now opened door. To trample the other girl in a teddy bear embrace called a hug. "Hey there, crocodile! Been awhile!" Said the older girl, who happened to be taller than her by a lot. Silica was shorter, while the other girl was taller. Maybe about a lot taller than a woman was suppose to be. "Who's this?" She questioned after Silica loosens her grip. "Ah- this our new roomy. Kips, meet Stephanie. Stephanie meet Kipper. You can call her Kips for short."

Kipper scrunches her nose, narrowing her eyes as if scanning my background like AI."I would rather you not. Just call me Kipper. Kips is for my friends." That was creepy. "So, you don't wanna be friends?" Silica asked, sadly. Kipper seemed like an okay person so far over all, but she seemed too stuck up her own ass. I smile to myself and she caught on. "Wipe that grin off your face. I know what you're thinking, dog. Just because you're living here under our roof. Don't expect anything good to happen, got it?"

Hearing her say this made me shrug without a care in the world. My parents use to say the same exact thing. I just gave up giving a shit. "Whatever you say. Mom." I put, sarcastically. Facing my computer and started typing down notes. "Wow- Silica your brother has chosen quite the workout." Kipper replied, while I tuned them out and finished my note taking for science and math.

After I got done, I noticed I was in the attic all alone. Remembering the good old days where I went to camp. I would sneak around the camp and super glue all the counselors doors shut so they couldn't get out.

Makes me think that I could do that here, except not their doors. I was thinking more of covering them with tar and feathers. Chase doesn't sleep in the cabin so he wouldn't ever fall victim to it. But I ended up changing my mind when I remembered the punishment I had gotten afterward. I was banned from ever going back to that camp.