3| Who was he?

It felt like hours since school had started. It's only been ten minutes. I had the audacity to pay attention to the time. Making me roll my eyes to myself, being walked to my homeroom class. There was loud ruckus going on in the class, paper airplanes were being thrown. Flying around and the teacher wasn't doing her job. She was only looking through her phone and when she finally looked up. She stood from her chair behind her desk and gave the most fake smile I've ever seen. "Welcome, welcome. You must be our newest student, I'm-"

"Fake." I say, clearly. Hearing the entire room go completely silent due to it. It was obvious that she hates being a homeroom teacher of this specific class. I arch my brow and cross my arms, now closing my eyes. Waiting for a lecture. And when that didn't come. I moved away and settled into an empty seat that was in the back.

"All right everyone. I want you to be on your best behavior with our student Stephanie, who is pretty new here." Spoke up Dr. Lara, I was surprised she did nothing when I spoke against even someone who looked so fake. So I guess her and I both think the same. Except something felt different with the woman who is my teacher now.

"I am Miss Simmons, and from this point forward, I will be your teacher." She said, directed at me. I just slouch in my seat and huff. "As if I want a fake as my teacher-" I whisper under my breath. "All right, enough. Stephanie. No one is going to hurt you here. So, your behavior changes here." Dr. Lara said, and I groan.

"Fine. Whatever."

I could already feel the gossip and the judgment of a few eyes on me after the principle left. Our class began and with one simple task. Introducing each other. You get it.

"I hear that she's from-" I hear someone's voice. My ears were very keen with hearing things I wasn't suppose to. "I hear that she is the daughter of-" I tune whoever out. It kept continuing, until the stomps of feet came to the door and it slammed open against the wall. Putting a crack through the door and wall. Surely. There stood a guy at the height of seven foot. Those who followed behind him entering the class. In silence. He looked at the door, shrugged his shoulders. "I am not paying for that-"

'Mate.' My wolf stirred and wanted control. But I refused. There was no way--

"Mr. Riot, you're late." Said Simmons, narrowing her brown eyes at him. "You cracked my wall and my door. You better."

Riot? His last name was Riot? How hysterical. I sit up in my chair and when the room went quiet, everyone looked at this guy. He was so tall, I almost thought the door was going to go off the hinges. But the door was just cracked.

"Fine, fine, whatever. I'll pay stupid money- how much we talking?" He asked, and they both talked while he shrugged his shoulders. Walked over to where he was assigned. Going to the back and soon stared at me. Once our eyes locked, it felt like electricity went through my entire body from how his eyes never left mine.

'Mate'. I felt my wolf stir once more for control. He clicked his tongue and cocked his head as if signalling for me to move. "No body told you that's my seat?" His voice came, it sounded so deep. What was even about it, was that it held an accent. I felt my wolf wanting to pounce straight out of me.

'Stephanie. He's our mate.' There was no fucking way that this guy was my mate.

"What's your point?" I ask. Staying put. My bag was beside the chair, he picked it up and threw it to another empty seat further away from where I chose. "Go. Girl." He slightly tilts his head toward the desk a few chairs ahead, as if it were a demand.

"Claim your own desk."

How can you claim a desk? Hint. You can't.

"What if I don't?" I ask him. Innocently as I could. He just rolled his eyes and a low rumble came from his chest, "You won't have much choice. Girl. Now mush."

I really hated that line. First Riley. And now, this guy.

The teacher clears her throat. Both of us look at her. I groan, standing up. "Fine. It smells like the dead anyway-" I shout, moving a few desks up. The class finally started and we were all given morning work until 10am was on the clock above the door. But because of my behavior, I was given an extra amount of work. It was no problem for me since I was good at English and math. When the bell rang, everyone besides one was allowed to leave to get to their next class.

"Stephanie." Spoke Simmons, sitting across from me and looked at me with sympathy. "Look. I know that you're new here, and being new is kinda scary."

"Don't think I'll talk to someone who fakes who they are. I can smell it on you. And last but not least. I ain't scared." I glared. "You think that I want your help? You think that I'll just cave into your stupid laws? I just want to go home.." I quickly turn my head. Staring at the window to where the forest was. I quickly looked back at her. "I know we got on the wrong foot. I wasn't expecting someone with such an attitude to talk to even a teacher like that. But-"

I lift my hand up to stop her. But she kept going. "You are not alone. A few students who are in my homeroom class has had a troubled past."

"Right. Okay. I-"

She got closer, holding my hands in hers now. "Let us start over. Introductions are important." She said, and I could not stop myself from cringing to her scent. She wore way too much perfume.

"I am Sydney Simmons. It's a pleasure to meet you proper than earlier."

Sydney waited for my response in continuing for her answer of my name. "You already know my name." I snarl under my breath. She squeezed my hands and I swore I wanted to cut something off from her. Probably one of her fingers. But I stopped myself and looked at her. "I am Stephanie. Stephanie Octavos." I finally spoke up, and her smile was finally real. Reaching her eyes. "Well, isn't that better? It is quite the pleasure to be meeting such a beautiful young student like yourself. Stephanie."

Wow. That was creepy. I felt my wolf stare at her through my eyes. Signalling her to drop my hands and stand up. "We can forget this whole thing ever happened. The whole morning thing." Sydney says, fixing her dress pants. She had short blonde hair. It was cut to shape her neck. "I was also a student here. You see, it isn't so bad. Sure, the laws here are questionable."

"Very questionable." I continue for her.

"But we are to follow them because she has the demand for it."

"Who is Dr. Lara really anyway?" I ask her, and she checked the time. "I'm sorry that's all I have for today. I have another class coming in." I stood up and glanced back over to where that guy was sitting previously.

What was his deal? He didn't even do that much harm like all the other guys tried to. Besides the part where he kept calling me 'girl'. Back in my old neighborhood. The place that I attended was a full on human school. This one was beyond that and filled with many kind of monsters that you could think of. It reminded me of monster high except without all the weird cartoon shit. This guy, he didn't smell like a normal dog. He had a different smell. One that went unknown to me. Throughout the day it drove me nuts, trying to think of what kind of breed could smell like that.

Other than just any normal scent. My wolf was restless, pacing back and forth within me while starting to give me spikes of anxiety. Who was he? All I knew was that my wolf was trying to tell me that he was my so called mate? Whatever that meant. I wanted no part.