6| Caged

"Mom, do I have to?" I was being led down the hall out of the bathroom. My mother, Stacia happened to turn me to face her and a smile was on her lips. "Yes. My love." She held my face and I didn't even think to lean into it. Because if I knew anything. This was all for show.

"I don't even love him." I whispered, and she then frowned. "You should be grateful. You are the first and only daughter of our family who is almost of age. You are going to marry him. And one day bare his pups-"

"As if. He only wants to marry into our family just to control me." I scoff. "Come now, dear." My mother held my cheek and her lips press into the crown of my head. "It can't be that bad." She whispered, making me want to roll my eyes at her comment. Can't be that bad my ass.

Once she strides ahead down the hall. I didn't follow. She crossed her arms, looking behind me and nodding her head. Amanda was now ushering me forward. "Come on, Steph. It can't be that bad. Think it as practice. You'll finally get out of your shell."

I roll my eyes. We reached the stairs and I could hear people down below partying. Laughing and drinking.

Of course they're drinking. That doesn't surprise me. "Just relax and breathe, girl. Its only for one night. Give him a chance-"

"A chance for him to fuck me up only more? No th-"

"Well, well, hello there beautiful." Riley was wearing a suit for the occasion. Oh god, why does this have to happen now? He doesn't look half bad in a suit, but isn't this a little far fetched? For me at least it is. My wolf wanted to prowl while I was trying to pretend that everything in her view was fine. This is not fine. It was beyond fine. I wanted to glare daggers at his forehead. But his father was beside him the entire time. "You're not a minute too late." Said alpha Hedrick, nodding his head toward my mother and Amanda. She whispered something in my ear; "try to have fun."

Have fun? When this so called bonding ceremony was going to bind me to someone who I don't love? How was I suppose to act like everything was fun when all I wanted to do was run? "I'll try." I replied to Amanda. Her smile was genuine and soft. Hugging me into her and then leaving me to hang elsewhere with her friends.

Yeah. 'Friends'. Whatever her friends were for that matter. I could feel everyone's eyes on me. It made me feel really uneasy. Shivering, turning and going to walk out right as Riley gripped my arm and tugged me into his chest. "Ah, ah, lass- yer goin' nowhere. Come. Sit with me." He pleads, while I gave an eye roll. "What will it take for you to leave me alone, Riley?" I question, quietly. Begging that he didn't hear the attitude piercing throughout my voice. He narrowed his eyes and rests his nose into the nape of my neck and I could feel his wolf slowly breaking through.

Riley is older than me by a year. I am almost eighteen. Yet I did not want this to occur. I shrugged and leaned into his chest with my back. "If you want to sit with me so bad then-" Riley pulled me along and we sat at the end of the table together. "You are to stay by my side tonight. Understand?"

What was with everyone demanding me? "What happens If I have to go to the bathroom?" I question him.

"I shall escort you."

"Oh hell nah-" I shove his face away from my view. Hearing a chuckle escape his throat. "If you have the need to use the bathroom, then all you have to do is ask."

"I would rather shit on your stupid-"

Riley tugged me into his lap and whispered something into my ear, making my body tremor.

"I hate you." I comment, and he shrugs as if he already knew the outcome.

I was ignoring him now.

"You can keep your voice away, but you can't ignore me forever. Steph."