Alone

Summary: When Y/n finishes the entrance exam and makes her way home, her father looks a little more than just displeased.

You sighed as your walk home felt more tiring than the entrance exam itself. You had passed it so quickly that you had a hard time keeping track of all of your points.

You thought about the green haired boy.

~

He jumped up as the giant robot crashed through a nearby building.

He's saving that girl.

A loud thud and the robot was taken down with a singular punch.

This kid was a menace.

As he fell, the girl became unconscious. The boy kept falling and falling.

Wasn't he going to stop his landing?

Then you realized, he was out cold, too.

Well, fuck.

You ran as fast as your legs could carry you as you tried to reach the boy.

You stuck your hands out and a large body of water came underneath the boy and splashed as he landed.

You cleared out the water and looked at the now soaking wet boy sprawled out on the ground.

Oh my God...

Wait a second, isn't he quirkless?

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, THEN!?

~

You left before anything else happened.

"Y/n."

A firm voice boomed from the living room.

Your father.

Shoto should be home by now. Maybe I'll just head up-

"Y/n. Now."

Yep. You were in deep shit, now.

"Y-yes father?" You tried to keep the shaking in your voice down, but to no avail.

"Where were you today?"

You swallowed hard.

"At- at UA, father."

"And why were you at UA?"

Your hands started to shake as you nervously looked down at the floor.

"Well!?"

"I was participating in the entrance exam!" You said, your voice louder than you meant it to be.

Enji sighed heavily, fury evident in his eyes.

"I specifically told you to not apply for UA! You've disobeyed me again! How do you think you should be punished this time, hm? Because I've run out of ideas!" he yelled.

Before you could answer, the icy voice of your brother responded.

"Maybe that's because you're too dense, Endeavor."

Shoto came and pulled you away by your arm, towards the stairs.

"Shoto! Y/N!"

Your father's shouts of protest were cut off by the slamming of Shoto's bedroom door.

You sat on his bed as tears started to stream down your red cheeks. You felt the bed dip next to you as Shoto rubbed a hand on your back; an attempt to comfort you.

He wasn't the best at comforting people, and he knew that as well as you, but he sure as hell tried.

That's one of the reasons you loved him so much.

"So... I'm assuming you passed?" he spoke up after a while.

You sniffled and smiled softly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I passed."

He nodded and looked away. It was night time, and he seemed to have remembered something when he looked outside the window.

"Hey, wanna go see the moon?"

-

The two of you sat in silence and looked up at the sky, the crescent moon shining brighter than any of the stars combined.

"I hate him so fucking much, Shoto, that it hurts."

He nodded and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Me too."

It was silent for the rest of the night and Shoto told himself to make sure that you weren't this lonely when the two of you would go to UA together.

He would protect you from your father, and from any harm that might come your way down the road to becoming a hero alongside your twin brother.

598 words